Buying under age child alcohol

lcmc

Problem is, a lot of the people who get on a high horse about someone breaking the RULE (not law, only a policy) of giving an under 21 a glass of wine have no problem breaking other RULES such as smuggling booze, chair hogging, saving seats in the theater, etc.

I don't smuggle, chair hog, or save seats in the showroom. Don't know that one has anything to do with another.

RULE, not law? If you're in my house, my rules ARE laws. Break them and the punishment is banishment. The ships ARE Carnival's house.

Happy to report that my 19yo uses only public transportation on and around her campus town....and to and from college to home....and my 15yo is expecting to use public transport when she attends a local college in a few years...I like the cost savings of not buying that extra car

You wouldn't believe how many college students refuse to take the long distance buses home for breaks and make parents do 500 mile round trips in a day.

"Well, I'll see you when you get here, however you get here." A parent making that statement [and meaning it] would cure that problem forever. The "student" might learn a bit about traveling and self-reliance too.:D

I don't smuggle, chair hog, or save seats in the showroom. Don't know that one has anything to do with another.

RULE, not law? If you're in my house, my rules ARE laws. Break them and the punishment is banishment. The ships ARE Carnival's house.

LOL, rules are law in my house, too. No democracy here I'm afraid. Only in my house, if you break the law, you're not banished. It's worse than that. You are grounded, which means the total opposite of banishment, which my kids would consider far more painful.:D

LOL! Make it their mission:confused:

You know what I mean....smuggling....chair hogging......smoking in non smoking ares...diapers in pool..kids in pool...etc...etc.

Why is it that so many just feel that they are the only ones on vacation...they work hard...and are entitled to do what they please on vacation? You stay home for that kind of stuff...as your home is your castle...do what you please...but out in society some decorum must prevail...and you know that you conduct properly...as I do...and don't make a spectacle of yourself...no matter how much fun it is to joke about stuff like that...that is what I mean about mission...and how about the pax who are rude to crew? While I do not need to make lifelong friends with the crew...I treat them decently...and ask only what they expect to be asked for...like extra towels..ice..etc.

It really is shameful how some people try to get away with anything and everything...and why? Just to be loud on the ship? To get attention? Or is it just to unwind and get away into lala land. I don't know...we travel for the fun and memories...not to escape from reality. To each his own.

Wanted to set this straight. According to National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism in Ohio, as of 01/01/09:

Underage Possession of Alcohol

Possession is prohibited WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTION(S):

• parent/guardian presence and consent

• OR spouse

Underage Consumption of Alcohol

Consumption is prohibited WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTION(S):

• parent/guardian presence and consent

• OR spouse

Underage Purchase of Alcohol

Purchase is prohibited, but youth may purchase for law enforcement purposes

Furnishing of Alcohol to Minors

Furnishing is prohibited WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTION(S):

• parent/guardian

• OR spouse

The OP is correct. However, Carnival has its own rules and its rule is 21 and over, period.

"Well, I'll see you when you get here, however you get here." A parent making that statement [and meaning it] would cure that problem forever. The "student" might learn a bit about traveling and self-reliance too.:D

I actually love the fact that my 19yo is so self sufficient...other than covering this semester's tuition (which is the last one we can cover btw) I haven't given and she hasn't asked for a penny in 2 years. She worked 2 jobs over Christmas break and only had Xmas and New Year's day off. Works on campus and is quite a penny pincher....because she wants to go to Europe many many more times!!! That's my kid!!!:D

How much does a pint of rum weigh:confused::D:p

Rum makes me sick...and as another poster pointed out...wine is too cumbersome...but for me I would need the blender...the Tequila...the Margarita mix...see what I mean? better to just follow the rules than lug so much crap around:D

You know what I mean....smuggling....chair hogging......smoking in non smoking ares...diapers in pool..kids in pool...etc...etc.

Why is it that so many just feel that they are the only ones on vacation...they work hard...and are entitled to do what they please on vacation? You stay home for that kind of stuff...as your home is your castle...do what you please...but out in society some decorum must prevail...and you know that you conduct properly...as I do...and don't make a spectacle of yourself...no matter how much fun it is to joke about stuff like that...that is what I mean about mission...and how about the pax who are rude to crew? While I do not need to make lifelong friends with the crew...I treat them decently...and ask only what they expect to be asked for...like extra towels..ice..etc.

It really is shameful how some people try to get away with anything and everything...and why? Just to be loud on the ship? To get attention? Or is it just to unwind and get away into lala land. I don't know...we travel for the fun and memories...not to escape from reality. To each his own.

Sounds like a making for a movie:confused: A drama:p

I smuggle.......don't really make it a mission......just stick it in the luggage as I am packing:D

Are you trying to turn your son into an alcoholic? :rolleyes:

I think that's really rude and uncalled for. Even if you are of the opinion that a person will turn into a raging alkie if they drink a beer or two at 18, ok but to say to a parent that they are trying to turn their child into an alcoholic, that's just wrong.

I think that's really rude and uncalled for. Even if you are of the opinion that a person will turn into a raging alkie if they drink a beer or two at 18, ok but to say to a parent that they are trying to turn their child into an alcoholic, that's just wrong.

I agree. It's fine to have an alternate opinion, but some people just have to add the judgemental exclamation point, don't they?:rolleyes:

Totally agree. That is the statement of someone who has never been around a real alcoholic. If they had such experience, they wouldn't treat it so lightly.

I agree. It's fine to have an alternate opinion, but some people just have to add the judgemental exclamation point, don't they?:rolleyes:

And some people simply don't realize that you can drink without getting drunk, you can get drunk without becoming and an alcoholic, and you can become and alcoholic and not end up in the gutter.

No surprise coming from a big drinking advocate. And I didn't SAY they were...I was asking...since they said they bought beers for their 18-year old "many times".

Totally agree. That is the statement of someone who has never been around a real alcoholic. If they had such experience, they wouldn't treat it so lightly.

How do you know I haven't?? That's why I'm against young people drinking...because I know it's addictive...and I know the problems it causes.

Yeah - that'll help the cruise line profits - throwing families off the ship. I wonder if that was a threat or they would really do it?

They do it. they are very strict about certain things onboard....and the alcohol policy is one of them.

They've removed families for providing alcohol to minor children...they have also removed families when an underage child is deemed intoxicated from alcohol consumed in the cabin.

They don't care about whether or not that family will return...what they care about is the huge liability they carry and the possibility of lawsuits by those affected. They won't miss the troublemakers that are thrown off the ship...and wouldn't want them back anyway.

Many have been banned from their ships due to repeated misbehavior....and other cruise lines have done the same.

A cruise ship is not "Ohio" and it matters not one whit what the age might be to consume alcohol anywhere else; on a ship, it's 21.

If you are going to ignore the rules - that's your decision. Just be prepared to accept the consequences...they are firm and swift.

No surprise coming from a big drinking advocate. And I didn't SAY they were...I was asking...since they said they bought beers for their 18-year old "many times".

Where have I said I'm a big drinking advocate? I drink, yes. That's my choice. I've never suggested that anyone else here give their kid a drink or that they need a drink. Drinking is a personal decision.

How do you know I haven't?? That's why I'm against young people drinking...because I know it's addictive...and I know the problems it causes.

Then you have a mightly cavalier attitude about it. You remind me of those temperance people back in the day. Most alcoholics I've encountered -- including more than a few close family members -- view alcoholism as *THEIR* disease, *THEIR* problem. Not society's. Are you also against your people drinking coffee? Because that's addictive. How about processed flour and sugar? Also addictive. Soda? Addictive. Or do you just demonize booze because it's easy?

I DO know what I am talking about- I live in Cincinnati and I am 25- hasn't been that long since it was an issue I had an interest in. The person who is DRINKING the beverage is the one carded. Buy a drink for your son in a bar and see how quickly it becomes a problem. Of course, that's if you are caught. And, if you buy two drinks, they are going to card two people...

My fiance and i went out a couple months ago and the server thought he was using a fake ID (he looks nothing like his 5 year old photo- no facial hair, no glasses and 75 lbs lighter) and not only would they not serve him, they refused to serve me because they didn't want me to supply to him. And he's 26!

I even went on carnival's website (just like you could have done yourself) and answered your question- not my fault if you don't like the answer. :rolleyes:

Okay, stop all the bickering, you are both right and both wrong. here is the link to the summary of the Ohio drinking age;

http://www.publicsafety.ohio.gov/waitl_learn_live/drinkagelaw.pdf

Now just go and get a drink and relax.

And some people simply don't realize that you can drink without getting drunk, you can get drunk without becoming and an alcoholic, and you can become and alcoholic and not end up in the gutter.

I'll drink to that!:rolleyes:

LOL, I was chastised once by a total stranger for buying my child a bottled water. I was informed that I was denying her important minerals as well as fluoride. We drink tap at home, but I am "bad" on occasion as well.

I guess she didn't know that the kids are getting flouride in tap water. A total stranger yelled at me once for wearing sandals....why? because she thought it was too cold out..not me:D

Archived