Cave Tubing - Which Company?

stefyo

We are considering Cave Tubing for our excursion - it would be 4 adults and 3 kids (ages 8-10) which company would be the best to use for this?

Do you suggest we book through the cruise line or use an outside company?

We are considering Cave Tubing for our excursion - it would be 4 adults and 3 kids (ages 8-10) which company would be the best to use for this?

Not sure you are allowed to say company names in here but I will try.

We have used Shore Trips.

But if you google for info you will find alot of opportunities. Your cruise line will also off them.

I have not sailed yet, but I booked with cave-tubing.com. I read a lot of threads that recommended them

quote=stefyo;22975717]We are considering Cave Tubing for our excursion - it would be 4 adults and 3 kids (ages 8-10) which company would be the best to use for this?

we just booked cave - tubing dot com. Was goign to book with Major Tom but kept reading recent mixed reviews and rushed excursions. I also saw that if there are zip lining people that day, you have to wait for them before heading back...which I didn't like. I emailed cave-tubing dot com and they said you will not wait for their ATV tour or anything. I also haven't read a bad review at all from them. I'll let you know in March!

We booked directly with Jaguar Paw in December and had a blast. The meal at the end was awesome too!

I have been thinking of booking with Jaguar Paw for our March Cruise, can you tell me more about them? Do they really drive you right up to the front passed the other parking lots?

Thanks.

Just got back from Belize Cave Tubing this past Tuesday with Vitalino Reyes and his family. Our recommendations:

1. Select http://www.cavetubing.bz Vitalino has > 15 years experience

2. He specializes in small goups of 8-12 people, perfect for family and friends

3. His price is $45/person and includes 2 caves, not 1 as major providers include, all transportation, equipment, lunch, drinks, etc.

4. He and his guides are the best, great knowledge, and lots of fun

Just got back from Belize Cave Tubing this past Tuesday with Vitalino Reyes and his family. Our recommendations:

1. Select www.cavetubing.bz Vitalino has > 15 years experience

2. He specializes in small goups of 8-12 people, perfect for family and friends

3. His price is $45/person and includes 2 caves, not 1 as major providers include, all transportation, equipment, lunch, drinks, etc.

4. He and his guides are the best, great knowledge, and lots of fun

Wow... you have posted this on about 7 threads here! Glad you had a good experience.

We went cave tubing with Major Tom last month, and had an AWESOME time!! cave-tubing dot net.

we just booked cave - tubing dot com. Was goign to book with Major Tom but kept reading recent mixed reviews and rushed excursions. I also saw that if there are zip lining people that day, you have to wait for them before heading back...which I didn't like. I emailed cave-tubing dot com and they said you will not wait for their ATV tour or anything. I also haven't read a bad review at all from them. I'll let you know in March!

you may be in for a wait with cave-tubing dot com too with their ATV tours. I had emailed about this and was told no, but once underway everything about the excursion changed. My expereince is on page 2 & 3 in the below link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1098358

I have been thinking of booking with Jaguar Paw for our March Cruise, can you tell me more about them? Do they really drive you right up to the front passed the other parking lots?

Thanks.

Yes, we drove straight through the big parking lots with all the HUGE busses. A short walk for both ziplining and cave tubing.

The two of us got paired up with another couple, also in their early 20s. Our driver was fantastic and the guides we had at Jaguar Paw were great also. I can't imagine going with a group of 20 or even 50! There were only the 4 of us for ziplining and we joined up with another group of 6 for tubing, total of 10 of us in the caves.

Afterwards we had a delicious lunch, one of the best I have ever had. It was simple chicken, rice, beans and a real Coke (real sugar, and HUGE) but the flavor was intense and it was both refreshing and filling. The driver drove us back to the port in plenty of time. We did hit traffic but still managed to have 15 minutes for shopping and grab the 3rd to last tender back.

Ian Anderson's Cave Branch Lodge runs a great tubing tour. I have never gone on the tour while cruising but have been twice while staying at his lodge. Just google Ian Andersons Cave Branch and it will take you directly to the site.

Hi! I just came back from a Carnival Cruise and loved my adventures in Belize. I would HIGHLY recommend Major Tom's Tours; I booked the zip and cave tubing through them and it was fantastic! My husband, 62 y/o mother and 70 y/o dad went; they loved it too!

The best part of the entire day was the cave tubing! ALL the other tour companies had like 10-15 people in a string floating in the water, their guides just pulling them along. Major Tom's guides had us in groups of 5 and talked the entire time! what this plant or tree was, what the caves were all about; about the local wildlife, the rivers, fishing, life in Belize; really informational and it helped us understand the reason for the caves and more about the country/people of Belize. When we got off the river many of the people from the other gigantic tours remarked how their guide did not say a word and wished they'd gone with us.

Yes, the country is poor and some of the people look scary but I did not once ever feel unsafe with Major Tom's tours; George and Brother Love (Mike) were exceptional. I booked on line and got a response immediately.

We paid in cash when they met us at the cruise terminal/dock.

Two big thumbs up for them; when we go back, and we will again, we'll only book with Major Tom. http://*********************/

Christine in Seattle

Hi! I just came back from a Carnival Cruise and loved my adventures in Belize. I would HIGHLY recommend Major Tom's Tours; I booked the zip and cave tubing through them and it was fantastic! My husband, 62 y/o mother and 70 y/o dad went; they loved it too!

The best part of the entire day was the cave tubing! ALL the other tour companies had like 10-15 people in a string floating in the water, their guides just pulling them along. Major Tom's guides had us in groups of 5 and talked the entire time! what this plant or tree was, what the caves were all about; about the local wildlife, the rivers, fishing, life in Belize; really informational and it helped us understand the reason for the caves and more about the country/people of Belize. When we got off the river many of the people from the other gigantic tours remarked how their guide did not say a word and wished they'd gone with us.

Yes, the country is poor and some of the people look scary but I did not once ever feel unsafe with Major Tom's tours; George and Brother Love (Mike) were exceptional. I booked on line and got a response immediately.

We paid in cash when they met us at the cruise terminal/dock.

Two big thumbs up for them; when we go back, and we will again, we'll only book with Major Tom. http://*********************/

Christine in Seattle

Thanks for the great review. My daughter and I have booked with Major Tom for cave tubing and zip lining in a little over a week. We are very

excited and can't wait. Your review made me even more excited that I

picked the right tour. Were you able to take pictures while tubing and

zip lining? What shoes did you wear? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Janet

I am using Island Mareketing, they came highly recommended from a co-worker and their price is great compared to the others I looked at, and lunch is included.

I did a lot of research before booking, and I did not read a bad review about this company.

Hope this helps.

Archived