Thomson Celebration deck 8/9

iant

Hi Ian,

looking at the deck plans depending on your cabin you might get your view blocked by the lifeboats on deck 8. If that bothers you, you need to sort out booking a specific cabin with your TA or whoever you booked with.

Berwyn

I agree with Berwyn....£39 per cabin to book a specific number... and if it was me I'd ask for one on Deck 9 because most of the deluxe cabins on 8 are under the sports deck so you might get some energetic souls running around over your heads when you're trying to rest!!!!

The only ones on 8 that don't look obstructed are 66 and 69 also 53 but thats very near a staircase so could be noisy....

Hope this all helps...I'm sure you will enjoy the cruise and the wonderful ship...one of our favourites !!

Hi

there is another thread aboutthese

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1044413

We've been on both 8 and 9

The only issue we had on 9 was we were under a sun deck and at 6am on emorning we were woken by them putting out the beds

We've stayed on deck 8 next to the stairs, in a suite and no noise from them but could hear the bing of the lift every now and again - we've booked the cabin opposite for this June so it wasn't that bad

We've got mum and dad booked in cabin no 4 and dad on deck 7 deluxe and he has an obstructed view but when we booked it they tol dus it wasn't

Jan

Hi

there is another thread aboutthese

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1044413

..............We've got mum and dad booked in cabin no 4 and dad on deck 7 deluxe and he has an obstructed view but when we booked it they tol dus it wasn't

Jan

You managed to get a single booking for a cabin on deck 7?

I have never managed to persuade Thomsons to provide a cabin on any other deck than 2.

I agree with Berwyn....£39 per cabin to book a specific number... and if it was me I'd ask for one on Deck 9 because most of the deluxe cabins on 8 are under the sports deck so you might get some energetic souls running around over your heads when you're trying to rest!!!!

The only ones on 8 that don't look obstructed are 66 and 69 also 53 but thats very near a staircase so could be noisy....

Hope this all helps...I'm sure you will enjoy the cruise and the wonderful ship...one of our favourites !!

Hi

We stayed in cabin 53 last year. It is a deluxe cabin but a different layout from the others and not quite as big. It is practically on the bridge:) being behind the watertight doors tucked away in a corner. The only noise we had was occasionally on a morning a crew member going on the bridge talking on his radio. This was quite a lively cabin(motion wise)because of it's position.

We have also stayed in 16 and 21 on deck 9 and been ok. Most of the noise there was the very few inconsiderate people talking loudly along the corridor late at night which you will get on any deck and probably more so on other decks because there are'nt as many cabins on deck 9 .

I agree with Berwyn and Jenny it is worth paying to pick your cabin and also the Celebration is a great ship. Have a great time Ian I'm sure you will:D

Mary

I have booked my first cruise around the red sea in April in a delux cabin on deck 8/9 is this a good choice any information welcome.

Cheers

Ian T

We are going on our first cruise on 11th March. Have booked delux cabin 10 on Deck 9. Was going to book a suite on either 7/8 (just to have more room). Hope we have done the right thing.

We are going on our first cruise on 11th March. Have booked delux cabin 10 on Deck 9. Was going to book a suite on either 7/8 (just to have more room). Hope we have done the right thing.

You've def. done the right thing as Jenny says the Deluxe cabins are very spacious and the suites are a lot extra for what you get and are about the same size. Deck 9 is also a pretty quiet deck and you can see daylight at the end of the corridor which is a big bonus for me.

Mary

• 8 months later...
Am I correct in thinking Deck 2 = Deck B and its second from bottom then.

Thats what I have just been offered for a solo trip.

That is correct.

I prefer lower down as apparently the movement is less (and I can get sick sometimes...)

That is correct.

I prefer lower down as apparently the movement is less (and I can get sick sometimes...)

Thanks Miss, I thought it was other way so thats good to know. Have suffered from sea sickness on boat trips but this is my first cruise so have no idea. Am still trying to digest all the information these boards have.

On Celebration all the single cabins are on deck 2 (B deck) which are too near the engines for those with sensitive ears!

On Destiny you can get a nice midships cabin on a higher deck.

some people have managed to get cabins elsewhere but only by booking extremely late when they just wanted to sell at any price.

the current brochure does say that other cabin grades are available for single occupancy bit no mention of the price!

We had Cabin 10 on Deck 9 in March - it was perfect. Never heard a sound. Have booked same Deck for next May. Plenty of room and storage space. Enjoy. I know we enjoyed Red Sea Trip so much the week we came back we booked back-to-back for May next year - definately converted to cruising.

We did the Aegean Discovery in August and had Cabin 53. Would i recommend it?

Yes for the location, the great unobstructed views between the lifeboats and for the peace and quite, but definitley not for the vibration.(when laying in bed it felt like you were on a vibrationg massage table!)

I was so pleased to get off and to be honest it has put me off the Celebration. Other family members had cabins on deck 3 and although they could feel a slight vibration it was noting compared to what we could feel.

• 1 year later...

Archived