Solstice with teenagers

cds62

We are considering the Solstice for our annual family cruise. We have never cruised Celebrity before and have always taken the kids on either Disney or Royal Caribbean. Having sailed on the Freedom class ships what could we expect as far as activities onboard Solstice for kids ages 16 and 14? They really enjoy the kids area on Royal as well as the promenade. We would be forced to take Liberty of the Seas or Freedom in order to accomadate the dates we are travelling and since we have already sailed both we are looking for something different, but the kids don't want change. Any advice and suggestions would be appreciated.

Celebrity just does not offer the things that would interest an active teenager. Neither the M or S class ships have the fancy pools, wave runner, ice rink, rock climbing and all the other things. They have a good kid's program, but I think it's better for younger kids than it is for teens---teens on other lines also tend not to like the organized club stuff and seem to find each other and do their own thing.

I have responded to the other 2 threads like this. My boys had a great time. They were always busy and had a lot to do. I will email you the daily activity cards as well if you wish. They are too small to attach through here.

It was our 2nd time on Solstice and we are going on the Eclipse in Dec.

I too have responded to several threads on this topic. Our DD enjoyed our Solstice cruise, but did not enjoy and thus did not much participate in the teen club programs. The teen club did not offer much organized activities and, not being well supervised, was often taken over by some obnoxious tweens.

She met up with two other girls her own age and they kept themselves pretty busy. But the oppotunities were different than on our RCCI or NCL cruises, they swam, went to the shows, went to the hot glass show, watched free on-demand movies, competed in the wII competitions, and played some of the lawn games.

DD enjoys our time in port and really looks forward to the MDR, so it was a good cruise for her. If your teens are more into "active" activities they may find the Solstice a bit too tranquil.

• 2 months later...
I have responded to the other 2 threads like this. My boys had a great time. They were always busy and had a lot to do. I will email you the daily activity cards as well if you wish. They are too small to attach through here.

Hi if you can email the cards I'd be very interested- looking at the Med next summer ... email davidarandall at hotmail dot com thanks

David

We had a good trip but the Solstice is not for Teens. We sailed a couple of weeks ago (lots of kids - spring break) - my DD is 15. We have cruised with her before (RCL). She made friends with several other teens her age but they all agreed that the Solstice was not a Teen ship. Organized activities were limited and not well attended. Lots of kids riding the elevators up and down for something to do. She had a good time but I wouldn't book the Solstice with her again.

Would you please email them to me as well. Very interested as we will have our girls (14 and 12) and our son (11) on the Solstice on Jan 2, 2011. Email is http://www.brundagefamily@msn.com

Thanks!!!

Archived