Reef Club

pamelab

I was wondering what kind of food the Reef Club Resort has. We are a family of 5 - 2 adults and 17 yr old, 15 yr old, and 5 yr old. We are trying to decide if we want to do this with Autpregresso or do the beach thing on our own and eat at Buddy's or Le Saint Bonnet and get massages on the beach. Both sound good - but kids are picky!

I haven't been there yet, but the Reef has some really good reviews. I believe it's local fare as far as the food but I'm not sure if they have American options. I've also heard excellent reviews of Buddy's.

We were advised by some seasoned cruisers to save the excursion money in Progreso. We have opted to do the double decker bus tour of Progreso. I hear it is only 2 or 3 dollars a person. They pick you up at the end of the pier and bring you back there. Then we are going to pick a spot on the beach, get a massage (I hear they are cheap!), order from one of the restaurants and do a little shopping. We won't have our kids with us though.

We will be embarking in 8 days. I'm hoping to do a review of the ship and Progreso. There doesn't seem to be much on it.

Thanks! I'll be glad to hear about your review. We are debating the beach/massage/Mexican food day vs. Autopregresso tour to Reef Club. The guy got back to me today and gave the rates which aren't too bad. I worry about the cleanliness of the Public Beach. I've read others talk about broken glass in the sand and fights. We might feel safer at Reef Club Resort.

I guess the post about fights must have slipped passed me. In eight or ten years posting and reading this board, I've never read about that. In fact after two port calls to Progreso and three two week vacations to Merida and the Yucatan state, I've never seen anything like that. One thing you might find at an all-inclusive resort is cruisers that take the

"all you can drink" literally. I encountered a group while spending a couple of nights, from an NCL cruise at the Reef Yucatan that were pretty wasted and wanted everyone to know it.

Archived