Does anyone else feel young teens program runs too late?

pg.

• 2 weeks later...

we have been on many cruise with our 3 girls..we have always set rules.. they follow. We give them some alone time, they need to be able to learn. On our last cruise we took a 16,15 and a 13 year old. The 13 yr old and the 16 yr old hung out together more. they went to the teen club, dances, arcade.... but when we said we will call the room at such and such a time, and you had better be in there, they were. We told them where and when to meet us, they did. It is a matter of knowing your kids and setting your rules. this year we are only taking 2 girls, 14 and 16. Let me tell you the 14 is more outgoing and socialible than the 16. but I will give curfews and allow them to have fun with their peers. and no I don't have any problem with the 14 hanging out with the older kids. She goes to high school with kids that age, and has done overnight school trips with kids 14-18.

obviously on nights before a port day, they are in bed earlier ( as are we), but I think the most fun we ever had was on a sea day, we called their room at 11 to check and gave them permission to come up on the deck for the big midnight deck party. we danced and sang for a long time. but we did it together as a family. ( and the youngest chose to go to bed, she was tired)

Archived