Canrival dinner for teens?

A&Jfamily

I ran a search for this, so if the answer is out there, I appologize. I read the Capers that I could find for Circle C, and no luck.

My question is this - is there not any "dinner" for the teens (my oldest will be in Circle C for our future cruises)? He had done it a few times when he was in Camp Carnival, if DH and I were having dinner in the Supper Club, though we almost always eat as a family.

I am asking because we are considering a cruise just as the kids get out for Christmas break. We usually take some small trip then, but this year, it coincides with our 10th anniversary. So, we were thinking of taking everyone on a 4 day on the Fascination. But, our anniversary is the first night we are aboard the ship, and we would like to have dinner alone.

Is there anything for the teens? Do we just feed him early at the Lido deck and send him off to Circle C? Anyone run into this?

I do not know if there is a Camp Carnival dinner for teens.

I do know that it would be perfectly fine if your teenager showed up in the MDR to eat dinner by himself. DS13 did this for breakfast several times on our last couple of cruises. As long as his table manners are not too terrible ;), he should be fine.

I do not know if there is a Camp Carnival dinner for teens.

I do know that it would be perfectly fine if your teenager showed up in the MDR to eat dinner by himself. DS13 did this for breakfast several times on our last couple of cruises. As long as his table manners are not too terrible ;), he should be fine.

Breakfast is a whole different animal than dinner - I would feel like the worst parent in the world if we were in the MDR eating (we are on a ship without the supper club), and he was there eating by himself.

But good to know it can be done! I think he would be happier grabbing a bite on the Lido.

On RCCL a couple of years ago, I was traveling with another mom plus our 4 kids. The kids were 12, 10, 9 and 2. We mentioned to our waitstaff that we planned to go to the Mystery Dinner and that we wouldn't be at dinner the next night. The waitstaff actually wanted us to send the kids to dinner and said they'd take care of them. :rolleyes: Oh, yeah, that was not going to happen. :p

There aren't any planned, supervised dinners w/ Circle C, and the first night would be tough for them to have already made friends to hang out with/eat with. He could order room service or eat at the windjammer (lido deck) with you beforehand and his program would have activities starting around 8pm.

Does your "anniversary dinner" have to be on your actual anniversary date? I think it would be nicer to have a family dinner your first night on the ship, then your son would have the option to meet friends for the next night.

Does your "anniversary dinner" have to be on your actual anniversary date? I think it would be nicer to have a family dinner your first night on the ship, then your son would have the option to meet friends for the next night.

No it doesn't. I had thought about pushing it to Friday.

I have a situation like this. The second night of our family cruise is our anniversary. This night is formal/elegant night and I want the kids to enjoy this night with us, but I would like to have a nice dinner without the kids. Our 14 y.o. son would be fine in the arcade or room (he's not too much into camp) the 12 y.o. girl would be in camp or arcade, but we have a 5 y.o. girl that I'm not sure of. She may or may not like camp and I'm not even sure of the camp schedule to know if camp would be open during a dinner time for DH and myself.

Any suggestions?

Camp Carnival will have a dinner for the 5 year old. Probably not every night though.

In my experience, the only night that CC doesn't have dinner for the kids is the 1st one, so TXHillbilyGirl, you should be fine. Looks like I will have to push my Anniversary dinner to the next night, though.:( Oh well, it is worth it to be able to take the cruise and to have them along.

Archived