How long did your meal at the Supper Club last?

MaiTaiMary

Like you say - not long enough. Ours lasted a little over 2 hours - but they were not too busy. It is so nice and leisurely, the ambiance was restful and soothing, wait staff wonderful, food to die for - oh My God take me with you. However long it is you will certainly have an awesome time. Make sure to have the Chocolate Trio dessert for me - yum.

(I know, I know. "not long enough", eh? *LOL* :D)

We're trying to decide what time to make our reservations at the Supper Club (Spirit).

How long do you think the entire dining experience will last here?

Pretty much two and a half hours... some have lasted over three if the chef comes out and decides to chat...

:)

I've only been once... 6 crew members and myself. The entire experience lasted a smidge over 3 hours but the wine was free flowing and I think we took longer than most.

Also, as a side note, I know that Carnival says that the gratuity is included for the supper club and people on here tend to be torn.. but the general consensus among the crew members that I know is to tip $10.

Ours lasted about 2.5 hours.

If you've never been to the supper club, errr, Steakhouse as they call it now, you'll probably have a great time. :)

If you cruise as often as the DW and I do, you'll notice the recent cutbacks and how they have adversely affected the overall experience.

Gone is the live entertainment. Hence the name change from Supper Club to Steakhouse. Gone is the delicious mixed greens salad with the sweet vinaigrette dressing. Gone is the big cheese wheels for the cheese dessert. Gone is the reduction of the French Onion soup. Gone is the citrus zest for the Lobster. Believe me, the zest makes the dish. Gone is the wide variety of bread selection. No Pesto, No Flats, No speciality breads except a roll or fucciochia (sp?)

Like I said, we cruise enough to notice these changes and IMO, they are being penny-wise and pound-foolish about this.

Go try it out and enjoy it for yourself and please, Don't let it ruin your cruise! :D

DH and I went on the Valor. We must have been fast eaters because we were done in about 1 1/2 hours. It was wonderful and I have no idea how we finished so quickly. We went on the cruise with another couple, but they didn't go to the steakhouse with us that night. Our reservations were at 8:30 and we had the 8:15 seating for dinner. We finished our meal at the steakhouse before our friends finished dinner in the dining room even though we started 15 minutes later:confused: I would love to have that chocolate sampler about now!:D

(I know, I know. "not long enough", eh? *LOL* :D)

We're trying to decide what time to make our reservations at the Supper Club (Spirit).

How long do you think the entire dining experience will last here?

I'll let you know when we get back...We will be dining in the Nouveau Steakhouse in 6 days :D:D:D

We sailed on the Pride in October and we took about two hours.

But to be honest, except for the better cuts of meat, I didn't think it was worth the extra $30. If you figure that Carnival considers the Main Dining room meal is worth about $36.66 (This is derived from the $5.50 per day tip to the dining room staff, it is 15% of $36.66), with the extra $30 making it over $66, I don't feel it was quite worth it. The food tasted about the same to the MDR, which is very good by itself. The waitstaff was just OK, in the MDR they are much more friendly than in the Steakhouse.

With that being said, this is my personal opinion. I am sailing in March on the Dream and will give it a second chance, hoping it will be a better experience. If not then I'll have $30 for drinks on my next cruise!

DH and I went on the Valor. We must have been fast eaters because we were done in about 1 1/2 hours. It was wonderful and I have no idea how we finished so quickly. We went on the cruise with another couple, but they didn't go to the steakhouse with us that night. Our reservations were at 8:30 and we had the 8:15 seating for dinner. We finished our meal at the steakhouse before our friends finished dinner in the dining room even though we started 15 minutes later:confused: I would love to have that chocolate sampler about now!:D

We also ate at the steakhouse on the Valor and our meal from start to finish and out the door took no more than an hour and 20 minutes.

f you figure that Carnival considers the Main Dining room meal is worth about $36.66 (This is derived from the $5.50 per day tip to the dining room staff, it is 15% of $36.66),

The $5.50 is for all 3 meals though, so it's really like $1.83 per meal, or $12ish.... or about as much as it costs for one person to eat at Applebees or something.

It certainly depends on you- if you wish to not be there as long it will move along more quickly. DH and I spent well about 2 1/2 hours and it was nearly empty. We enjoyed it a lot and now my problem is that DH is not coming with on next cruise and neither of my boys like steak. Or a lot of the things offered. So, I intend to find a sugar daddy onboard who wants to take me to dinner:D

It certainly depends on you- if you wish to not be there as long it will move along more quickly. DH and I spent well about 2 1/2 hours and it was nearly empty. We enjoyed it a lot and now my problem is that DH is not coming with on next cruise and neither of my boys like steak. Or a lot of the things offered. So, I intend to find a sugar daddy onboard who wants to take me to dinner:D

Would you settle for a slice of pizza and bucket of beer? :confused: :D

We sailed on the Pride in October and we took about two hours.

But to be honest, except for the better cuts of meat, I didn't think it was worth the extra $30. If you figure that Carnival considers the Main Dining room meal is worth about $36.66 (This is derived from the $5.50 per day tip to the dining room staff, it is 15% of $36.66), with the extra $30 making it over $66, I don't feel it was quite worth it. The food tasted about the same to the MDR, which is very good by itself. The waitstaff was just OK, in the MDR they are much more friendly than in the Steakhouse.

Not quite.

The 5.50 per day is for three meals, so divide that by three. Which makes it about $42.

I scratch my head when some say they throw $10, $20 or even more ON TOP OF THE ALREADY INCLUDED TIP in the Supper Club. Is service that great that they tip less than $2 per meal in the MDR, but throw so much more in the SC? :cool:

Archived