What can we expect?

ldcm

This is our first cruise! We will be going on the Equinox on the 8/03/2010 for 11 nights. Has anyone got any helpful information / tips for us?

We have been considering the drinks packages but we have no idea on how much the actual drinks are on board and if it's worthwhile getting a package. We have room 1670....does anyone have any info about this room. We are quite nervous as we are not sure what to expect but very excited. Looking forward to meeting some of you on board!:)

Welcome to Cruise Critic and Celebrity.

As for the drink packages, it all depends on how much you drink per day. We did the calculations for the frozen drinks package and realized that we don't drink those nearly enough every day to pay for the package. You'd have to average between three to four drinks a day to pay for the cost. We also don't drink more than one or two hard liquor drinks a day, so the alcohol package isn't cost efficient for us either, same for the wine. But for those who enjoy the drinking, it could be worth it. If you have a couple of drinks before dinner and have a couple after dinner, it could be worth the cost. The only package we purchase is the soda package, as we drink soda during lunch and at the pool.

Hi Darci

Thanks so much for getting back to us, we like to have wine with our meal and was going to purchase a wine package but cannot believe the Equinox does not do it ha! Have you been on the Equinox before? Your post has helped cheers

Ricky and Nicola

This is our first cruise! We will be going on the Equinox on the 8/03/2010 for 11 nights. Has anyone got any helpful information / tips for us?

We have been considering the drinks packages but we have no idea on how much the actual drinks are on board and if it's worthwhile getting a package. We have room 1670....does anyone have any info about this room. We are quite nervous as we are not sure what to expect but very excited. Looking forward to meeting some of you on board!:)

Equinox is an incredible ship! Here are a few tips:

*The specialty restaurants are amazing, I recommend trying all of them. They are well worth the cover charge.

*Check out the Hot Glass blowing show; I didn't think I would like it, but wound up wishing I had gone earlier in the cruise as it turned out to be so fun and interesting that I wish I could have attended more of them.

*Try the almond croissants in the morning at Cafe al Bacio (the specialty coffee area), very tasty! They are no charge, but the coffee there does have a charge.

*If you are planning on doing spa treatments, do not sign up during the first day or two, as the cruise goes on they seem to start offering some very deep discounts, sometimes as much as 50% off regular price.

*Be sure to check out Equinox the Show - it is definitely the best of the production shows.

*The fruit smoothies from room service are very yummy.

*If you like fruity martinis, the martini flight at the Martini bar is a lot of fun.

Have a great time! :)

Archived