Do NOT try to smuggle or check wine in Miami

connera3

We were on the Carnival Freedom on the Jan,.16th, 2010 and had no problem bringing on 1.75 of Jack, 1.75 of Bombay, 1.75 Malibu, 750 tequila and some bacardi rum- in our checked luggage. Funny cause we had over 5 liters in a checked bag at the airport and the TSA called my dh back. They told him the rule of no more than 5 liters in a bag and they told him no problem. They repacked it in our other bags so we weren't over the limit. Boy we were over the 50 LB limit after that but it was already weighed. They were very cool. We decided to put them in all the checked bags getting on the ship and they all made it no problem. BTW- we drink a lot on cruises but are responsible about it. We order from Carnival too. Especially the first day before our bags arrive. :eek: We went with a big group and a lot of the others brought theirs on too.I believe Carnival made more from us than most others even though we smguggle. We are loyal and keep coming back and bringing people with us!!

As for the original post, it does seem weird.

Carnival researcher-- If they are checking bags we will hear a lot more stories like that on this board and our next years group cruise will be no more. We will do an all inclusive to Cancun or something. We all couldn't afford to cruise if we couldn't bring a stash with us. I wouldn't be apposed to a alcohol package if they offered that.

Common sense tells me that if they want to stop the smuggling they just have the room stewards tell them. Instead the room steward get us exta ice to accomidate us.

IMHO:confused:

With room stewards income relying on tips I don't think that would work.

So Carnival could give them a bonus for every smuggler they found! More than the tip they receive- I'm just saying if it was hurting Carnival they would find a way to catch them. I am playing devils advocate on this. I really feel that Carnival is not loosing money on this. Again- my opinion.

Archived