Formal is as Formal does.

garigoun

OK, I don't quite understand. Do they go back on some sort of tram?

Nope, it had to be a boat. They found that it was difficult to get the overhead wires to carry electricity efficiently underwater.

Phil probably zipped across at a brisk clip in his destroyer when he was in the Royal Navy.

J

Nope, it had to be a boat. They found that it was difficult to get the overhead wires to carry electricity efficiently underwater.

Phil probably zipped across at a brisk clip in his destroyer when he was in the Royal Navy.

J

So what was the blue ribbon for, so that they would be allowed in?

So do you know the answer, then?

I think the kingfisher blue sash worn over the left shoulder with the medal or badge worn on the right hip denotes that the wearer is a member of The Most Noble Order of the Garter, founded in 1348.

If I am wrong, I apologise, it's just my guess.

I think the kingfisher blue sash worn over the left shoulder with the medal or badge worn on the right hip denotes that the wearer is a member of The Most Noble Order of the Garter, founded in 1348.

If I am wrong, I apologise, it's just my guess.

But quite a good one I would think. I was guessing "Best of Breed", but what would I know.

We are only now beginning to fully appreciate the man standing next to your queen.

We are only now beginning to fully appreciate the man standing next to your queen.

Indeed. He spent most of the money your current President is getting the blame for spending. Just as well he didn't start any wars he didn't finish....oh, hang on.....

However, at least he invited a Head of State who actually served in uniform in WWII to a Normandy remembrance......

Gari, am off with Mrs P on our first fly cruise, with 23K luggage limits in 2 weeks to Panama Canal from Barbados. Could be tricky but am looking forward to trip, apart from flight. Have been ashore too long now, almost 5 weeks now. Where did I put that snorkel?
Of course I read this as 23,000 and though "wow, I thought I packed heavy...!"

The sash is indeed the order of the Garter.

Burgundy is the colour worn with the Garter robes but a blue sash is worn with evening dress or a dress uniform.

Wow! That's so cool. I always thought garters were things for holding your socks up.

J

Indeed. He spent most of the money your current President is getting the blame for spending. Just as well he didn't start any wars he didn't finish....oh, hang on.....
Yeah I've never been a fan of the Iraq situation either, but getting rid of a person who aside from Winston Churchill used poison gas on Iraqis might have been a good thing. :) Trying to establish a democracy in the middle of Islam could be a reach.

Oh East is East and West is West and never the twain shall meet
Kipling knew Afghanistan was hopeless.

However, at least he invited a Head of State who actually served in uniform in WWII to a Normandy remembrance......
Yeah, the military is viewed as a necessary evil by our current enlightened leaders who favor world peace through the use of interpretive dance.

But back to Gari whose Senior Management has dictated a Royal Caribbean Cruise. I know of no one more articulate then Gari to document this event, it might rival Samuel Johnson goes to Scotland! Perhaps Cruachan could go along as Boswell?:D

I know of no one more articulate then Gari to document this event, it might rival Samuel Johnson goes to Scotland! Perhaps Cruachan could go along as Boswell?:D

Hey Gene, that would make for some pretty damn impressive "Live from" posts. Hee hee.

But somehow, I have a feeling that, before the year is out, I will have some documenting to do on my own account anyway.

J

Cruachan][/b]

Hey Gene, that would make for some pretty damn impressive "Live from" posts. Hee hee.

But somehow, I have a feeling that, before the year is out, I will have some documenting to do on my own account anyway.

J

My God J, you aren't cruising Norwegian are you??

Even I, a simple rustic in the wilds of Texas won't do that again!!:D

We should be told
comes from Foxy who at last account was staying at the Peninsula in Singapore checking his bank balance.

My God J, you aren't cruising Norwegian are you??

Even I, a simple rustic in the wilds of Texas won't do that again!!:D

Calm down Gene - I'm not jumping ship :D

But I have that sort of itchy feeling in the soles of my feet that tells me that the Cunard bug has bitten again and that the time for some oceanic wandering will soon be upon me once more. I doubt that my resistance will last long.

J

Calm down Gene - I'm not jumping ship :D

But I have that sort of itchy feeling in the soles of my feet that tells me that the Cunard bug has bitten again and that the time for some oceanic wandering will soon be upon me once more. I doubt that my resistance will last long.

J

Don't be misled. He is going on the Goole Dock Boat Trip (QG of course).

:eek:

Don't be misled. He is going on the Goole Dock Boat Trip (QG of course). :eek:

I, of course, had to goggle Goole, not living in the shire as it are and found the following:

Goole is found in God's own county of Yorkshire.
Which much like Texas begs the question, "Didn't anyone else want it??"

I understand J however, after a cruise you do get this empty feeling, a void, if you haven't booked another it's like a hole in your life where a cruise should be.

Don't be misled. He is going on the Goole Dock Boat Trip (QG of course).

:eek:

Goole Docks, sirrah. How dare you. I'll have you know that it's the Tees again on 17 Feb and it's the good ship MFV Northumbria. Queens Grill again naturally!

J

Archived