For those sailing Allure inagural...

Just received this email:

February 5, 2010

Dear Guest,

As a valued Crown & Anchor® Society member, we wanted you to

be the first to know about some exciting news regarding our next ship,

Allure of the SeasSM. Royal Caribbean International® is pleased to announce a new date for the inaugural revenue sailing,

December 5, 2010.

If you are currently reserved on the December 12, 2010 sailing, we have good news for you. You will be contacted and given the option to switch your sailing date and keep your existing stateroom. If you prefer, you may also contact us at 1-888-281-9344 and speak with an agent regarding your existing reservation and learn how you may be reimbursed up to $100 for any air ticket change fees incurred.

If you haven't reserved yet, starting on Monday, February 8, 2010, you may visit RoyalCaribbean.com or contact your professional travel agent to reserve your stateroom on the official inaugural voyage.

We look forward to seeing you onboard and hope you can join us as we celebrate the inaugural season of our newest, most incredible ship,

Allure of the SeasSM.

February 5, 2010

Dear Guest,

Allure of the SeasSM. Royal Caribbean International® is pleased to announce a new date for the inaugural revenue sailing,

December 5, 2010.

If you are currently reserved on the December 12, 2010 sailing, we have good news for you. You will be contacted and given the option to switch your sailing date and keep your existing stateroom. If you prefer, you may also contact us at 1-888-281-9344 and speak with an agent regarding your existing reservation and learn how you may be reimbursed up to $100 for any air ticket change fees incurred.

If you haven't reserved yet, starting on Monday, February 8, 2010, you may visit RoyalCaribbean.com or contact your professional travel agent to reserve your stateroom on the official inaugural voyage.

We look forward to seeing you onboard and hope you can join us as we celebrate the inaugural season of our newest, most incredible ship,

Allure of the SeasSM.

You know, I have to say ... after experiencing a few Oasis pre-inaugurals, getting off and knowing she still wasn't ready for her REAL inaugural, I don't think I have any interest in The Allure until she's been cruising for a year or so. Knowing the Oasis is still having issues, I can't imagine Allure's inaugural will be any smoother. That said, I love Oasis and really do want to sail on Allure. I'm just going to wait this time, erring on the side of caution! :)

February 5, 2010

Dear Guest,

December 5, 2010.

Allure of the SeasSM.

I got the same email. Already booked on the OA for that week too. We had debated booking OA for 12/4 and then doing AL 12/12 for the second week but figured the inuagural date (12/12) would change so that is why just went ahead and booked OA for b2b 12/4 & 12/11.

You know, I have to say ... after experiencing a few Oasis pre-inaugurals, getting off and knowing she still wasn't ready for her REAL inaugural, I don't think I have any interest in The Allure until she's been cruising for a year or so. Knowing the Oasis is still having issues, I can't imagine Allure's inaugural will be any smoother. That said, I love Oasis and really do want to sail on Allure. I'm just going to wait this time, erring on the side of caution! :)

Well, we weren't fortunate enough to do any of the pre-inaugurals but we had a great time on the 12/5 inaugural. We had no "issues" other than one of the aqua shows not being ready and the in-room wi-fi not working. But that did not hinder us at all and could happen on any ship at any time. We think they did a fabulous job having the ship and crew ready and as far as we are concnerned she was definitely ready for the "real" inaugural. Sorry you experienced issues and disappointments.

I got the same email. Already booked on the OA for that week too. We had debated booking OA for 12/4 and then doing AL 12/12 for the second week but figured the inuagural date (12/12) would change so that is why just went ahead and booked OA for b2b 12/4 & 12/11.

Well, we weren't fortunate enough to do any of the pre-inaugurals but we had a great time on the 12/5 inaugural. We had no "issues" other than one of the aqua shows not being ready and the in-room wi-fi not working. But that did not hinder us at all and could happen on any ship at any time. We think they did a fabulous job having the ship and crew ready and as far as we are concnerned she was definitely ready for the "real" inaugural. Sorry you experienced issues and disappointments.

Oh don't get me wrong, I had a marvelous time and wouldn't trade it for the world, but as to the Aqua Show, it still isn't up. They are doing a small version of it, but the entire show won't be up and running until probably the end of this month, beginning of next.

I sailed the Freedom for the first time in 2008. She was a well oiled, humming along the sea, beautiful machine! That's what I want for my next Oasis or Allure experience.

BTW...the soot 'issue' still hasn't been worked out.

Oh don't get me wrong, I had a marvelous time and wouldn't trade it for the world, but as to the Aqua Show, it still isn't up. They are doing a small version of it, but the entire show won't be up and running until probably the end of this month, beginning of next.

I sailed the Freedom for the first time in 2008. She was a well oiled, humming along the sea, beautiful machine! That's what I want for my next Oasis or Allure experience.

BTW...the soot 'issue' still hasn't been worked out.

Wow. We sailed the FOS inaugural and thought the OA inaugural was 1000 times better than the FOS inaugural. We didn't experience any soot issues so I can't speak on that. We enjoyed the aqua show that we saw and will be happy for them when they get that venue at full capability.

I was on the 1/16 cruise and saw no issues related to her being a new cruise ship. Things went rather smoothly other than the soot issue which I believe that RCI will have worked out by the time that Allure enters service.

Actually, they were still having issues with the Aqua Theater where the hydraulics weren't working appropriatly and the High Tides Bar was having a few issues as well. They had to stop and restart our Aqua Theater show because the pools hydraulics failed and a later show had a period where they had to stop due to a computer glitch.

I saw High Tides get stuck on more than one occasion, including the one time we were on it. Fortunately it was never really stuck very long.

There were also issues with the touch screen displays as far as listing how busy restaurants were at any given time. We'd check them and base our restaurant choice on the information provided only to find out it wasn't anywhere near accurate.

All of these are relatively minor issues and they didn't influence our opinion of our sailing. I actually expected a few more issues than what we experienced. I'm sure there were probably a few more we didn't notice.

Since RCI's been through this once with Oasis I suspect things will be a little bit smoother with Allure. They at least know ahead of time what some of the issues have been with Oasis so they can do what's possible to avoid those same pot holes the second time around. However, I'm sure there will be a few new glitches the crop up with Allure.

Why are we first hearing about this today when the public can start booking on Monday? Shouldn't RCCL have given a week for people to find out and move their sailing date up before letting the public have at the rooms?

They are holding the cabins back of all those booked on 12/12 until 26th Feb so when booking reopens on Monday these cabins wont be available.

I have to agree with most of the sentiment above.....after being on the Oasis Naming Ceremony and Labadee Extravaganza I have no interest in doing the Allure inaugural. I had a great time on Oasis and don't regret going at all but why pay up for something that just isn't fully up and running. With all the technical issue's they had and still are having with Oasis I am shocked that they would again move up the date on Allure....Oasis was in NO way ready to start a revenue sailing like she did on Dec 1st....she could of defiantly used that extra week to sort things out. After getting off her I knew right away that I had no interest in the Allure inaugural and booked Allure for Jan 2nd figuring I would let the dust settle.....well after thinking about it more and seeing some of the lingering issue that remain with Oasis I moved that date back a couple more months and now have Allure booked for March.

The only way I may jump on Allure in the beginning is if they have another deal for the naming ceremony...and I wouldn't even get started on that one:rolleyes:.....other than to say it started at $1000/pp and when they had trouble selling it dropped it last minute to $250/pp:eek:

We had the Oasis booked for her inaugural. Once RCI changed the date, we decided to change it to January and I am glad that we did. It gave them a little time to work out most of the kinks. As I stated above, I did not experience any real issues with anything on the ship other than the soot.

While I do expect that the Allure will have less issues since she is the second in the class and many of the Oasis will make the move to Allure so it will be more familiar with the crew, I will pass and we will once again cruise on the same date that we did with Oasis. Also, prices are much better for this sailing. I won't be surprised if RCI adds some type of shorter cruise prior to the 12/05 cruise.

While I do expect that the Allure will have less issues since she is the second in the class and many of the Oasis will make the move to Allure so it will be more familiar with the crew, I will pass and we will once again cruise on the same date that we did with Oasis. Also, prices are much better for this sailing. I won't be surprised if RCI adds some type of shorter cruise prior to the 12/05 cruise.

Inaugurals are only interesting and meaningful when it's the first ship in the class. Anything after that is old hat.

Inaugurals are only interesting and meaningful when it's the first ship in the class. Anything after that is old hat.

Sorry I dont agree. Allure will have some differences to Oasis...ok nothing major than we know about...but still she will be different.

For me..I booked Allure Inaugural partly because of the staff I know who will be onboard and partly to sail again with Critters who were on Oasis Inaugural.:D

Also I want to see if RCCL did learn anything from their mistakes with the Oasis Inaugural. I really think she should not have sailed early..she wasnt ready.

Hopefully..(giving RCCL the benefit of the doubt here)..Allure Inaugural will be even better than Oasis Inaugural.:D

Also, my son missed the Oasis Inaugural when he had to go home to UK early to look after his GF who was ill...so this time they are both booked on Allure Inaugural.

Sorry I dont agree. Allure will have some differences to Oasis...ok nothing major than we know about...but still she will be different.

For me..I booked Allure Inaugural partly because of the staff I know who will be onboard and partly to sail again with Critters who were on Oasis Inaugural.:D

Also I want to see if RCCL did learn anything from their mistakes with the Oasis Inaugural. I really think she should not have sailed early..she wasnt ready.

Hopefully..(giving RCCL the benefit of the doubt here)..Allure Inaugural will be even better than Oasis Inaugural.:D

Also, my son missed the Oasis Inaugural when he had to go home to UK early to look after his GF who was ill...so this time they are both booked on Allure Inaugural.

That's fine. Nothing wrong with disagreeing. I get your personal reasons. But let's face it - Allure will be almost exactly like Oasis (just like Liberty is almost exactly like Freedom, Explorer is almost exactly like Voyager, etc). There will be no drama or ah-has. Cat's already out of the bag.

That's fine. Nothing wrong with disagreeing. I get your personal reasons. But let's face it - Allure will be almost exactly like Oasis (just like Liberty is almost exactly like Freedom, Explorer is almost exactly like Voyager, etc). There will be no drama or ah-has. Cat's already out of the bag.

Its funny but although Freedom is same as Liberty and Independence...I didnt like the Freedom :confused: I felt the Indy had the best feeling about her...hard to explain but for me she had the edge over the Liberty,which I loved when she was launched. Perhaps I will feel Allure Inaugural is better than Oasis one was.

Although there will be over 5000 changes on Allure compared to Oasis..I dont expect those of us who were on the Oasis Inaugural will notice them too much...but I still expect to get the Wowow feeling when I step onboard the Allure for her Inaugural :D

Some folks like Inaugurals..some don't...some like wee ships..some don't...thats all good...thats what makes cruising so great..lots of choices.

Archived