All inclusive day pass in San Juan

marie&rick

Dear CC: San Juan is not the port for an all-inclusive day pass. There is not one near the pier. The best thing to do there is enjoy Old San Juan or take a tour. The other islands (St. Lucia, Antigua, etc.) offer much better options for an AI from the ship.

Are there any beaches that people go to though, instead of a tour?

@marie&rick

There are no all-inclusives in Puerto Rico ... period. They simply don't exist.

@montREALady

The closest beach to Old San Juan (where the cruise ships dock) is Balneario Escambron. The next closest would be the beaches in Isla Verde, that's where many of the big hotels/resorts are located. All beaches in PR are public, so you don't need anything special to the beach at a hotel. Just show up.

@marie&rick

There are no all-inclusives in Puerto Rico ... period. They simply don't exist.

@montREALady

The closest beach to Old San Juan (where the cruise ships dock) is Balneario Escambron. The next closest would be the beaches in Isla Verde, that's where many of the big hotels/resorts are located. All beaches in PR are public, so you don't need anything special to the beach at a hotel. Just show up.

Okay, thanks a lot!! I wouldn't mind doing a tour actually, since the other days of the cruise we'll be beaching it ;) I'm going to keep these beaches in mind though, thanks a lot.

Okay, thanks a lot!! I wouldn't mind doing a tour actually, since the other days of the cruise we'll be beaching it ;) I'm going to keep these beaches in mind though, thanks a lot.

Confused ?? :confused:

In your previous post you asked about beaches specifically instead of a tour ...

:confused:

Confused ?? :confused:

In your previous post you asked about beaches specifically instead of a tour ...

:confused:

You said it, I am! I asked about beaches, then after that really thought of the other ports and what I would be doing, which was the beach and figured a tour wouldn't be half bad, hence why I said in my last post that I "actually" wouldn't mind doing a tour, it was a second thought. But I want to have options though, at the other ports you have the option of either/or or both, for PR, I seem to be hearing about more tours of Old San Juan than anything.

Edited by montREALady

Old San Juan is a must if you like architecture. There are also Segway tours if you are not up to walking it as it gets quite hot & humid.

The Barardi Rum tour is also interesting ... or depending on how much time you have ... there's always the El Yunque rain forest. There are other historic sites like the fort to explore also.

The closest beaches to the pier are at Condado ... and then Isla Verde after that. However, if you have other beach destinations on your itinerary, I'd skip the beaches in San Juan and do other things. We definitely like the pools in San Juan MUCH more than the beaches!

There are also some very good restaurants in Old San Juan if you want to try local cuisine. We find it to be excellent and always look forward to get our "fix" of puerto rican food! :p

Thanks to both of you! My Mom just spoke to someone at the bank who recommended a tour! I found an apparently good one on this board, Albert Aguirre of Surfcab Tours, he does a tour of the Rainforest among other things for $50 each person

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1057989

Do you recommend setting something up in advance, just doing it on our own, or waiting until we dock to see what other tours are there? It's just my mother and I.

Old San Juan is a must if you like architecture. There are also Segway tours if you are not up to walking it as it gets quite hot & humid.

The Barardi Rum tour is also interesting ... or depending on how much time you have ... there's always the El Yunque rain forest. There are other historic sites like the fort to explore also.

The closest beaches to the pier are at Condado ... and then Isla Verde after that. However, if you have other beach destinations on your itinerary, I'd skip the beaches in San Juan and do other things. We definitely like the pools in San Juan MUCH more than the beaches!

There are also some very good restaurants in Old San Juan if you want to try local cuisine. We find it to be excellent and always look forward to get our "fix" of puerto rican food! :p

Oooh, I'm salivating just thinking about it! :p

If you'll be in San Juan for almost the entire day you could go onto Priceline and get a room a resort hotel such as the Caribe HIlton or Marriott Stellairus and then use their pools, beach for the entire day. But that would only make sense if you are arriving before 9am and ship is leaving after 9pm. we got out hotel for $100 a night at Caribe Hilton. Check in is later in the day but i'm sure they'll let us hang out at the pool and beach while we wait for our room and hold onto our luggage!

• 8 years later...