HELP neede - can't find reviews for Sergeants Caye (Turneffe & Goff's snorkel found)

Shay_Ole'

Hi there all! We've decided to do a snorkel adventure through the ship due to the time consuming tendering reviews on CC. Carnival Legend offers 3 snorkeling excursions:

Barrier Reef Snorkel at Turneffe with Beach Break - seems to have received the best reviews. We do like the fact that it seems to take us to Bannister Beach afterwards. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Goff's Caye Snorkeling - seems to have received worst snorkeling reviews and little beach ammentities.

Sergeant's Cay Snorkel Adventure - Can't really find anything on this excursion either possitive or negative.

I think I am definately leaning towards Turneffe b/c it has received the best recommendation.

Is there anyone that will will agree or disagree with this??? Please let me know as we really want to snorkel and would love some beach time as well.

Thank for again for you time and thoughtful insight.

Sorry to the HUGE font...not ssre what happened. Annway, there are only the 3 listed from the ship. Seems (accordingto tendering time) that we should book though the ship only...

It this really the case or should be stick to the ships excursions. Help is always and eternally greatful!

When do you cruise? We are going on the Valor on March 7th and have booked the Sergents Cay tour. I will update this thread when we get back.

I'd also like to know about your excursion too. We aren't going until early May. At this point I am also favoring the Barrier Reef Snorkel & Turnefee Beach Break. If you hear reviews from other cruisers on your sailing, please post their comments.

• 1 month later...
The Sergeants caye snorkeling was some of the very best we have ever done. I highly recommend it. DONT expect to see any manitee, only an exbit with some REAL plastic models.

Did you have to stay in a group to snorkel? I can't keep up with people 30 or more years younger.

I'm glad you posted your question! We love to snorkel and have snorkeled in Cozumel, Roatan, and Grand Cayman before. This trip, we don't want to risk sand fleas, sea lice or mosquitos and would like to do a snorkel tour that is just snorkeling, no beach. Can anyone reccommend a snorkel tour for us in Belize that is just snorkeling? AND for those of you going to Belize soon would you PLEASE (whine or is that wine? ;) ) post when you get back??? :) Thanks!

If you want a snorkel trip with no real beach time, look into Coral Breeze's Cay Caulker local lunch & snorkel trip & feeding the rays. We have snorkeled the places you mentioned & this trip is as good as any in the Caribbean.

Their web site will explain their trips et al.

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

On Sargeants Caye you do stay in a group but it is small groups of 7 or 8 with each guide. You snorkle from the boat. When you return to the caye you can go to the beach, the manitee museum or a bar for a cool one. Then you get transported back to the ship.

• 2 months later...
Thanks so much for the replies! I think we want to go somewhere where we can enjoy the beach as well...so I think it's going to be Turneffe. If nothing else, I hear the punch is delish :D

Be sure to bring money for food and drinks. We only had tip money so we couldn't live it up on Bannister Island. You can see photos of Bannister Island since it has a website.

http://www.bannisterisland.com/

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived