Just realized DD's name is misspelled!!!

NHLady

Guest Time2gocruzn

I just went thru this w/ DH's name. He is a II and they left that out. I called. They said that it was considered a typo so no charge, no problem to change it. They only charge you if you completely change that name to another person.:)

and have them correct it. I wasn't so much worried about the cost theing (even though I shouldn't have to pay for thier mistake, I would just to give me peace of mind!). I was more worried over the fact that it's only 11 days till we sail, 10 till we leave home and I wasn't sure if they sent out new docs, or just corrrect the info on thier paperwork!

Karen

Guest Time2gocruzn

ooh I don't know about the docs. We didn't have ours yet when I made the change. I bet if you made the change that your current docs wouldn't reflect the change, but their system should. When it is changed if they aren't going to send you new docs, I would INSIST on having something emailed to me so you can print it and take it with you to the peir.

We already have our docs, so they'd have to re-issue them with the change, if that's what they do.

I'm not even sure that they'll even notice it. I mean, I'm her mother and I didn't even notice until I went on the website to order some gifts for the kids!! I'm wondering if i should just let it go, I mean wouldn't they just consider it a typo, like you said?

It's pretty funny when you think about it, if she had a more unusual name, they'd probably spell it right, since they'd have to ask ten times if they're right. I guess everyone just assumes that they know how to spell a common name like Catherine, (including me!). I always just say "Catherine, with a "C", and never think about it again!!!

Karen

A friend of ours went with us on our last cruise and they had her name spelled wrong. It read Judith on her documents and all of her ID's read Judy. Not a mention of it was made at embarkation or debarkatkion.

There's no way Carnival will issue new docs for one teeny little typo. You're really worrying for nothing.:rolleyes:

We've had a couple screwd up already. Guess I'm just waitng for the "other shoe to drop!"

O.K. Done worrying now!! Thanks guys!

Two years ago they put Ms instead of Mr on DS docs. Didn't notice this until 2 days before cruise. Called TA and had it changed, just had to pick up new docs at port which only took couple minutes.

Have it fixed or she won't come up as a past cruiser next time she goes on Carnival because of the name mis-match.

Realize now that the reason they can't find DH's past # is because they forgot the II on his documents on our last cruise!! It's been a major source of aggrevation for him, I'd like to avoid that with DD!!

Archived