Question about Carnival shore excursions

Rita/KY

My family and I just booked a cruise on the Elation for June 19. We want to go to Uxmal in Progresso. However,when I checked on the Carnival website, although Uxmal is listed as a shore excursion, when I tried to book it online, it doesn't show up on the "book shore excursion" page. I have always booked online, so now I am confused. Does this mean that they are no longer offering the excursion or that it is sold out? Also, if it isn't available through Carnival, how reputable are the independent companies that offer this excursion? Thanks so much!

• 1 month later...

The reason the excursion isn't showing up on line may be that they haven't opened it up yet. Your cruise may be too far out. Keep watching it. I had the same issue for a popular activity in Cozumel. The Carnival rep said it's likely that it's not showing because it was more than 90 days out. I kept looking. Voila, it showed up just the other day. We're still mroe than 90 days away from our trip.

From what I've read on here, the tour through autoprogreso is $49. Through Carnival it's $70. For me, it's worth the extra 20 bucks to book through Carnival, for the peace of mind knowing that the ship will wait should the bus have flat tire or something. You never know.

When is the cruise? Carnival still offers the tour.

For any given cruise, I think some tour tickets are held back for sale on the cruise - not everyone books in advance.

Have you tried calling Carnival to ask what's up?

Here are pictures from a couple of different Carnival tours to Uxmal:

Progreso: Progreso Feb 09 Uxmal

Uxmal/Progreso Sept 2004

When is the cruise? Carnival still offers the tour.

For any given cruise, I think some tour tickets are held back for sale on the cruise - not everyone books in advance.

Have you tried calling Carnival to ask what's up?

Here are pictures from a couple of different Carnival tours to Uxmal:

Progreso: Progreso Feb 09 Uxmal

Uxmal/Progreso Sept 2004

Awesome pictures! I've been trying to deceide between Uxmal and Merida, but you totally have me sold on Uxmal! Thanks for sharing :D

Are there a lot of stairs to climb at Uxmal? Some is no problem...I really want to go but uncertain do to a lot of stair climbing..

Thanks for the info...

The going up is easy, it is the coming down that can be tricky. It seems a lot steeper on the way down.;)

Archived