St Petersburg Tours

mary alan

Hi All, we are mid-50's aussie couple cruising on Eurodam dep Dover on May 29, 2010. I have been researching shore excursions in St Petersburg with private tour companies - anyone out there who would be interested in sharing 2 day tour - costs are cheaper pp depending on amount of guests - looking forward to meeting any fellow cruisers on board!

you might try going on the Roll Call board to see if you can get other couples for a SPB tour.

that is how we connected and got a wonderful group going! it sounds like all the companies listed on CC offer similar tours (we went last summer and had a fabulous time)

Hi All, we are mid-50's aussie couple cruising on Eurodam dep Dover on May 29, 2010. I have been researching shore excursions in St Petersburg with private tour companies - anyone out there who would be interested in sharing 2 day tour - costs are cheaper pp depending on amount of guests - looking forward to meeting any fellow cruisers on board!

Hi - There is an existing Roll Call for this cruise with several members that has been around for a while. It's not terribly active, but perhaps that will change as we near our departure date. There's at least one other Aussie couple I believe. Here's the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1057878

Mike

Go to the thread " May 29 to June 9 Dover to Dover". We put together a group of 8 ( now full )with Red October thru that thread and the other thread on" May 19 from Rome" several of us are on a 21 day starting in Rome and continuing on to the Baltic from Dover. Between the two threads you may find others interested in putting together a group.

Ron

I can not remember which private tour company we used last year there, but it was a great decision to use one. We got to see so many more places and got in and out-the crowds are unbelieveable and having a smaller vehicle and less people to wait for made it great. Hope you all have others on the cruise that will do that with you.

Just to warn you, the customs in St. Petersburg(getting on the ship the first day especially) are terrible-mean and picky!! On the Azamara and I heard on others, they let the people off first that are going on ship tours, and then the private tours, so we had to wait a couple of hours, but still worth taking the private tours and still saw more. Also, if you are going to Berlin, take a private tour there. We are not Jewish, but took the Jewish tour of Berlin and it was wonderful and eye opening! Have fun!

Archived