Limits on Sign and Sail card?

Cruise Monkey

This is probably a silly question, but can you place a limit (daily or for the entire cruise) on a sign and sail card for two people in a group if the entire reservation is on one credit card. I have been on cruises before, but have only been responsible for myself - I have gone with friends. This time I have paid for 2 rooms for 2 adults, 1 young adult, and 1 child. I am going to use the same credit card for all 4 sign and sail cards. Now the 2 adult S&S cards will obviously have no limit, but I would like to have a limit for the young adult and a limit for the child (if she has a card at all). Technically, and in theory, I don't think that it would be hard to do this, but just want to see if it is possible and if I need to do it before we get on the ship, or if I have to go to the pursers desk or something once onboard. Anyone who has done this or who has any information would be appreciated. Thank you.

Archived