argentina and chile reciprocity fees

stereo

We are planning a cruise from Florida to Valparaiso--fly back from Santiago--do we have to pay a fee to leave Chile--I read that there is a fee to enter Chile--if you enter at the airport--we would enter at the port--Would they charge us the fee to leave??? Thanks

• 1 month later...

I can only answer in reference to our cruise on the Sun. When entering by ship, the fee is much cheaper (it was $40 USD at the time) and it was paid by the ship. We received our exit visas the night before our arrival in Chile. When flying into BA/Santiago, the fees are $130/$131 respectively.

We happily missed our Norwegian Sun cruise in February but we did go to

Argentina.

We flew to Buenos Aires - there was a 131 pp fee.

Friends of ours who arrived by cruise ship paid no fee - however, I would not rely on their luck. I understand the fee applies to cruise ships as well.

They did pay the fee in Chile - around 131 pp - when they arrived at the airport.

We never got to Chile - went to Peru instead - where there is a $31 pp departure fee.

we arrived by ship in buenos aires and there was no fee to enter the country

we left by air to santiago and then home, there was no fee in santiago or buenos

we are canadians and dont know if that makes a difference

hava great cruise

We are planning a cruise from Florida to Valparaiso--fly back from Santiago--do we have to pay a fee to leave Chile--I read that there is a fee to enter Chile--if you enter at the airport--we would enter at the port--Would they charge us the fee to leave??? Thanks
No fee to enter by ship. Departure fee is included in your air ticket.

We just did the Buenos Aires to Valparaiso on the Celebrity Infinity(flew into Ba and out of Chile). Neither Argentina nor Chile collects the reciprocity charge if you enter by ship. Argentina started collecting the fee on air port arrivals in January 2010. We flew through Brazil. if your flight connection in Brazil is less than 12 hours you don't need the Brazilian Visa either. Most airlines pay the departure fee as part of the taxes/fees on the ticket but as other say make sure. We may or may not have paid the fee but it was suspended for a couple of weeks in Chile at Santiago as part of the earthquake...maybe.

Archived