Rental Formal Wear

huskie11

decent quality, but they sent pants way, way, way too big...it was funny, but I am sure not funny for him. We found pins and pinned him in. I wouldn't want to trust it especially after that.

They carry a small stock of items on board for making size adjustments in case they are needed. So next time if something doesn't fit correctly just call customer relations or your stateroom attendant to arrange a correction.

You can order your correct size prior to your cruise. My husband and son did that on a cruise and it worked out fine. You might check the Celebrity web site and see if you can find out about ordering in advance.

I have stopped packing anything resembling a suit and used the Cruiseline Formals three or four times now. I rent the basic tux package and shoes and it's around $100. Well worth it, IMO.

I've rented a tux on all our cruises. It has always worked fine for me. One key factor - the fit will be only as good as the measurements you provide them. I always get fitted prior to a cruise - my weight tends to fluctuate too much. All formal wear places offer courtesy fittings, realizing that many people will be travelling somehwhere else for that special event. Eventually, someone will arrive to rent a tux from them using measurements made elsewhere, so it all evens out in the long run.

I also get fitted at least three local formal wear places in my city. This is a real eye opener. Three places - three different measurements. To compensate for those discrepancies, make sure you are able to try out a tux in the size they suggest. Use the measurements from the place that has the best test fit.

Only once did I have a problem with a too tight jacket. A call to the room steward and all was taken care of. It's recommended that you try the tux provided on the first day to allow plenty of time to have any alterations or corrections made. DO NOT wait until an hour before formal night dinner!

In the past, I've rented tuxes for cruises twice and didn't have any problems. The pants had adjustable waistbands which provided a bit of room for error. I agree you should try it on when you first get on the ship to make sure it fits and to have first shot at whatever extra jackets or pants they may have available on the ship if there is a problem.

Rich

Archived