Flight lands at noon- too late?

Be sure the airline knows your going on a cruise, I work for an airline, I'm not sure if this goes for all airlines but atleast with AirTran if the flight is delayed for any reason other than weather then we are completely responsible for the cost of the cruise. If we ever have a delayed flight we look through the reservations for that flight and get the cruise passengers on the next flight out

You'd better check with Air Tran's contract of carriage before you post. Air Tran is not even required to put a passenger on another airline to get them to their destination even in the event of a mechanical problem. That's totally irresponsible to post what you did.

A cruise is just too important for me to miss because of some airline delay. I just don't understand how people can book these flights cutting it so close? Are there no late night flights out of NYC to Miami the night before? I mean, even if you have to work the day before a cruise, you can still fly out that evening after work. With all the airports in the NYC area, I would think there would be plenty of options for getting to Miami.

Sorry to sound like a jerk, but I just don't understand why people cut it that close. I can't imagine the disappointment and cost associated with missing a cruise due to some airline delay and poor planning.

The odds are in your favor, but how much risk do you want to take? I would say (and this is just my opinion, no stats to back it up) your odds are 70-80% on your side; 20-30% against.
Risk of what.....missing the cruise??? Come On!!! 70 - 80% that a 12:00 (Noon) arrival will be delayed more than say........3 hours.....in April......NOT LIKELY!! I guess you are a "glass half empty" person.

Let's remember, boarding docs say 2:00......not 10:00 A.M. :)

Is that only for passengers whose flights were booked by the cruiseline? If not, does AirTran also take responsibility for for other paid-for activities a passenger might miss due to a flight delay?

No, AirTran doesn't have arrangements with the cruielines so you can only book with them separately. I guess it depends on the paid activity, I've only encountered problems where passengers missed a cruise and a connecting flight with a different airline

I know you work for AirTran so I apologize if I sound like I'm skeptical, but how in the world can AirTran take responsiblity for things out of their control? I don't see how they can be responsible for cruise costs. I guess if you booked the air fair via RCL it would make more sense, but that would be the only scenario that could play out in my head that would make AirTran resposible.

AirTrans responsible if its maintenance related, which is fully in their control. We RARELY have any delays due to maintenance, most of our delays are due to weather which we can't do anything about

A cruise is just too important for me to miss because of some airline delay. I just don't understand how people can book these flights cutting it so close? Are there no late night flights out of NYC to Miami the night before? I mean, even if you have to work the day before a cruise, you can still fly out that evening after work. With all the airports in the NYC area, I would think there would be plenty of options for getting to Miami.

My daughter has a competition the night before that she can't miss.

I found a flight out of LGA to FLL that lands at 10:16. I think that will be the flight I'll book. Thanks to all.

Archived