Any 2011 brides out there?

Hi! I live in Melbourne which is 45 minutes south of port Canaveral and i will probably be staying at the Radison and i will be having Heavenly Belles do my hair and make-up. They have a website you can check out. Just type their name .com.

Thanks for the info! I will definitely check them out. I made reservations for my wedding party at the Radisson at the Port too. They gave us a good non-restricted rate. I read in the Florida departures forum on here, there are coupon books in the lobby at the McDonald's across the street with a rate of $89 for the Radisson so check that out when you get there. Please post again after your big day and let us know how you liked Heavenly Belles! :)

We set sail April 16, 2011 from NYC. First stop is on the 18th in Port Canaveral. Not only will I be celebrating my 40th bday I will be getting married too. My 2nd marriage and my sons gave us their blessing to elope. Teenage boys don't care for weddings LOL. My brother lives in Orlando and will be joining us. I found a wedding package for $150. Simple, on the beach with 50 photos on disc and I get to do whatever I want with them. Going to have my hair done on the ship and maybe buy some pretty flowers at the ship flower shop. I am going for very simple but romantic. I have done the big wedding once and this time no stress because after a bad 16 year marriage and lots of learned lessons I found my prince charming whom I have been good friends with for 20 years. Congrats to you all!!

We'll be getting married on the Carnival Miracle out of NYC on 4/28/11!! :D We will be doing a ceremony and reception aboard the ship, in port, to accommodate our friends and family who can't afford to make the cruise. Save the Dates are out and I plan on sending the invitations a bit earlier than the traditional ones to get an early head count. We booked a group through an agent to avoid the middle-man scenario, but it's still a pain cuz' everyone would rather ask us, instead of just calling her! :rolleyes: The Carnival Wedding has a lot of limitations, when it comes to some stuff, but I'm kinda glad because I'm a very indecisive person :cool:

I'm getting married on the ruby princes, february 22 2011! We have 70-ish people booked so far I think!! :) Got engaged on the emerald princess november 2009.

Hi Missymac222, I will be getting married on the Ruby Princess on March 1st 2011! We depart from Ft. Lauderdale on Feb. 26th so I believe that we will be boarding the ship the day that you will be finishing your cruise! How is the wedding planning going so far? We are hoping to be getting married on the deck of the ship. Congrats on your engagement and your upcoming wedding. Can't wait to hear how it goes!:)

We'll be getting married on the Carnival Miracle out of NYC on 4/28/11!! :D We will be doing a ceremony and reception aboard the ship, in port, to accommodate our friends and family who can't afford to make the cruise. Save the Dates are out and I plan on sending the invitations a bit earlier than the traditional ones to get an early head count. We booked a group through an agent to avoid the middle-man scenario, but it's still a pain cuz' everyone would rather ask us, instead of just calling her! :rolleyes: The Carnival Wedding has a lot of limitations, when it comes to some stuff, but I'm kinda glad because I'm a very indecisive person :cool:

Congratulations, fellow Miracle bride! Are you working with Lissy? She's been amazing! I sent my invitations out in early April, with a May RSVP date because I knew people would be late with RSVP's. We ended up having to call most people for their information in June so we could send in our final guest list. :rolleyes: We originally sent them out so early so we could add friends as non-sailing guests when we found out how many family members would not be able to make it, but when we had so much trouble with the RSVP's from family, we decided to just keep it small and not add anyone else. We ended up with 21 sailing and 24 non-sailing guests, but just yesterday lost 6 non-sailing guests. My grandmother is too sick to make it and 5 of my fiance's family members can't get a ride to the port so they're not coming....so now we're down to 18 non-sailing. It's fine with us though...we're getting married and that's all that matters.

We used a TA, and most people asked us the questions anyway too.

I sent out a pre-cruise packet to our sailing guests a few weeks ago, with tips I gathered from this site and the Carnival website. If you'd like a copy, I can e-mail it to you. Not all of it is specific to the Miracle, so if anyone else wants a copy, I'd be more than happy to send it! Our cruise goes to St. Thomas, Puerto Rico and Grand Turk. Those are saved as separate files, but if your cruise has the same itinerary, I can e-mail those files to you as well (I included some suggested excursions).

Hi Missymac222, I will be getting married on the Ruby Princess on March 1st 2011! We depart from Ft. Lauderdale on Feb. 26th so I believe that we will be boarding the ship the day that you will be finishing your cruise! How is the wedding planning going so far? We are hoping to be getting married on the deck of the ship. Congrats on your engagement and your upcoming wedding. Can't wait to hear how it goes!:)

Awesome!! :) Congrats to you too! Just over 6 months now. tehehe! it feels so far but yet so close, im excited already! do you have many guests planning to go? I have an extremely large group with me haha. We get back to ft lauderdale on the 27th so maybe you are a day off? ...:p. It's going pretty good, still have a few things to get but on the right track. Quite a few upsets and a horrible experience with princess and TWE in the last few months but it will all work out in the end im sure.

Awesome!! :) Congrats to you too! Just over 6 months now. tehehe! it feels so far but yet so close, im excited already! do you have many guests planning to go? I have an extremely large group with me haha. We get back to ft lauderdale on the 27th so maybe you are a day off? ...:p. It's going pretty good, still have a few things to get but on the right track. Quite a few upsets and a horrible experience with princess and TWE in the last few months but it will all work out in the end im sure.

Hey Missymac222,

What went wrong??? I don't mean to pry but I just want to make sure I can avoid as many downfalls in this planning process as possible. We only have a small group going with us, about 12 people. Our wedding is booked for the first day at sea which is March 1st!!! We are hoping that they will allow us to have our wedding on the deck of the ship instead of the chapel. Thank you so much for responding to my post. It is so nice to meet another princess bride thats wedding date is so close to mine! I hope that the rest of your planning goes smoothley. Keep intouch! :)

Hey Missymac222,

What went wrong??? I don't mean to pry but I just want to make sure I can avoid as many downfalls in this planning process as possible. We only have a small group going with us, about 12 people. Our wedding is booked for the first day at sea which is March 1st!!! We are hoping that they will allow us to have our wedding on the deck of the ship instead of the chapel. Thank you so much for responding to my post. It is so nice to meet another princess bride thats wedding date is so close to mine! I hope that the rest of your planning goes smoothley. Keep intouch! :)

Well... had about 55-60 people booked on the cruise for may 2011 and I get a call (when I was in class so it went to voice mail) with a message saying that the cruise isn’t sailing that route on that date anymore. boat is going to Europe instead or something. :eek: I nearly fell down the stairs listening to this message haha.... so then we picked another date.. feb 2011. changing the date resulted in conflicts for some people not being able to go :( AND** the cost is MORE! by around + $200 ish per person I think.... So we're quite pissed that they wont give us the old price seeing as they canceled it and we were all booked, yadda ya. so the price went up and people had to add a few dollar to the deposit so if people didn’t pay the whole $25-ish their reservation would be canceled. It was just such a run around hassle. Also, TWE is slow. Very slow and unorganized. I left 4 messages before getting one call back and then we arranged a time to chat and it was right after I had worked a night shift of all mornings, so I hadn’t had any sleep and she never called me at the time we agreed on. And if you want anything specific or different then what’s offered in the package they have to check everything with the boat which takes time. I have had a bit to plan my wedding so I started early just to make sure. I wanted to have a reception in sky walkers and she said alright, she would ask the ship and get back to me she said it was not a problem. I checked a few weeks ago and sky walkers is booked and so I picked another spot and am waiting to hear back if its available. I only want a few foods at the reception and not the whole package that they offer. My guests won’t eat half the stuff that comes with it anyways. She said I have to order it all or get another package. So I’m looking into contacting guest services or something to see if I can get a few finger foods for “a gathering” … because asap you mention ‘wedding’ they direct you to TWE. So we’ll see on that. The boat wanted almost $400 for the flowers that just I * wanted and then $90 for each of my bridesmaids (not too unreasonable) however, $400 for my flowers is outrageous.

However, I am sure things will work out for the best and it will be the best day ever :)

Don’t be scared! haha

For those of you getting married in St. Thomas, what location are you doing the ceremony? I've already booked a wedding cruise on the Carnival Victory May 1, 2011 out of San Juan, 1st port is St. Thomas. I'm researching an island WC (love the pics from Fantasia Weddings) but am still trying to determine the best one/spot.

Any input?

For those of you getting married in St. Thomas, what location are you doing the ceremony? I've already booked a wedding cruise on the Carnival Victory May 1, 2011 out of San Juan, 1st port is St. Thomas. I'm researching an island WC (love the pics from Fantasia Weddings) but am still trying to determine the best one/spot.

Any input?

I suggest Leslie at Perfect Weddings of St. Thomas. They have awesome prices and Leslie is wonderful. I'm booked for a wedding on Lindquist Beach for 7/19/11. If you go with her, tell her Joscelyne from NY recommended her! She's been so helpful for me with planning my wedding and always is prompt in responding to any and all questions I have had for her! Best of luck!

Any input?

I'm also going with Leslie of Perfect Weddings of St. Thomas. We're getting married at Blue Beard's Beach on May 25th, 2011. Leslie is awesome and has answered all my questions so quickly. I like that everything I wanted was included in one package and I didn't have to piece it together.

Hi there!!

We are sailing on the Norweigan Jewel out of NYC July 2011. We've chosen the ship board wedding to include those who are unable to sail. We are booking by Friday and hope to share this with our prospective guest this weekend. We are not sure anyone will sail due to financial constraints but will be happy to have our kids (21 & 14) with us if no one esle!

Any input?

Hi There,

We just booked a cruise on Carnival Victory for May 15, 2011 out of San Juan and will also be getting married on island in St. Thomas. We chose Cheryl Toner of viweddings.com and have chose Limetree Beach as our location.

I am a 2011 bride!!! I was reading all the post and so far Im the first one in 2011...JAN 29th!!!! we are getting married on the carnival FREEDOM and actually just did a test run by ourselves this past jan so we can be good tour guides of everything when we have 35 ppl with us for the wedding!!! I wish everyone good luck!!! and CONGRATS!!! im freaking out haha only 155 days left :D

I am a 2011 bride!!! I was reading all the post and so far Im the first one in 2011...JAN 29th!!!! we are getting married on the carnival FREEDOM and actually just did a test run by ourselves this past jan so we can be good tour guides of everything when we have 35 ppl with us for the wedding!!! I wish everyone good luck!!! and CONGRATS!!! im freaking out haha only 155 days left :D

Ha ha - I'm afraid I have you beat! ;);) My wedding is January 2 on the Carnival Legend. I love following these posts - both those of you like me who are in the planning stages and hearing about all of you who have already had your weddings. Keep the stories coming!

After researching and hearing all the bad reviews of Debra & Fantasia Weddings (not to mention I did an inquiry on her site 3 weeks ago and have only gotten an auto-response that says she will contact me within 12 hours) I've decided to go with Emerald Beach directly (who she uses), since I still really liked the location, and since it's part of a resort, it will be private, I can use a room for the day to change, etc. and they have "facilities". Their WC is Ishani and he/she has been AWESOME in answering all my inquiries and also suggested I follow on FB to hear other brides stories, LOL.

I'm SOOO happy!! Just thought I'd share.

Hey! I'm getting married on March 26th here in Los Angeles. We're going on Princess' ship our of San Juan for a 2 week Caribbean honeymoon. Totally excited -- cruises seem to be the best way to go for honeymoons -- easy, your hotel room floats along with you wherever you go, and you don't have to worry about carrying around cash. I can't wait!

HI! I am also getting married april 2011 :) but on the Esctasy. We sent out save the dates a year in advance just because its such a big exspence for everyone, & everyone needs time to put in for vacation. I will probably send out the formal invitations closer to the date so that way my rsvp's will be actual.

Hi everyone! We are planning an April 2011 wedding on a Carnival ship too! We are wondering when you all are sending out your invitations?

The prices for the cruise right now are so great, we want to get the word out. Right now only close friends and family know that we're planning a cruise.

Should we send invitations now? Even though it's over a year out? So that people can take advantage of the "early saver" rates?

Should we send a different kind of "announcement," with invitations to follow closer in?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Hi everyone! I and new to this joined the forum and very excited to be planning my 2011 wedding on board the Carnival Paradise. I wanted to get ideas and advice from everyone here, and I also wanted to share photos and stories along the way. Also I am looking for any advice with a silk flower vendor in California. Any help will be greatful!

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...
MalibuBarbie--you got mail!

I noticed you sent MaalibuBarbie mail regarding getting married on a cruise. Would you be so kind as to send me any info you might have. We just got engaged last weekend and are going to get married on a Carnival ship. I would like to see what the add-on prices are and any info you may have to share. Thanks, Shelly shellynd@yahoo dot com

Archived