Skagway Tashanuk 4x4 tour reviews

1billh@comcast.net

Try the search function on this one - I remember a really long, helpful review about this excursion...but it was last year, I believe. Got great reviews from several folks who had done it, and it intrigues me as well, however we've already rented a car for Skagway. Otherwise, I think I'd do this one!

We took the excursion this last summer. First let me say that we ride 4x4's here in Oklahoma and Arkansas on some very steep mountains. This is not what you are going to find on this excursion, it is a family ride.

Let me start with the ferry ride. We actually enjoyed the ride to Haines. It was beautiful to be riding through the beautiful scenery. We were picked up by bus at the pier. The ride to the excursion was not long and our driver was great. When you arrive they give a little instruction on the machines and you are off. You are driving on dirt paths that they have carved out of the mountain. You will be climbing the mountain and will stop at a building for cookies and coffee. You are then off for a ride on up the mountain. After a couple of photo opportunities you will arrive to the top and the beautiful scenery below. It is then back down to the building for lunch. The lunch was wonderful.

The other couple with us had never been on a 4x4 and really enjoyed the excursion. (They have since bought a 4x4 and ride with us) For us it was nice to be out in the scenery but since we have been doing extreme 4 wheeling it was a little docile for us. It definately can be done by a family.

Archived