A few general questions

Dharma517

We sail in 3 months on Summit to Bermuda.

1. I plan on bringing two of the large wine bottles on board in our carry-on luggage...is this still ok per X policy? Can I also bring on the wine opener?

2. On most cruises we just pour ourselves a glass of wine and bring it to dinner with us. Is that ok to do on X also? No corkage fee?

3. What time can I board?....I won't to be on first thing to start my vacation. We leave out of Cape Liberty.

4. If I want to bring water bottles on board can I tuck them inside my luggage or will that cause a problem?

5. My cruises previously have been on RCCL EOS and Disney Wonder. Will this be a better or same type of cruise in terms of service and food?

Thank you so much!!!

Jenn

1. I plan on bringing two of the large wine bottles on board in our carry-on luggage...is this still ok per X policy? Can I also bring on the wine opener?Yes, you can carry on 2 bottles per stateroom (of any size) openly if you want. We brought ours on in the store bag. They have small plastic openers on board if you don't want to pack your own. They work fine. Just ask your room attendant to have wine glasses and an opener in your room. Also have him clear out the mini bar if you want to keep the wine in the frig.

2. On most cruises we just pour ourselves a glass of wine and bring it to dinner with us. Is that ok to do on X also? No corkage fee? Rule states not to take personal wine out of stateroom. However no one would stop you since they don't know if it is X wine or not.

3. What time can I board?....I won't to be on first thing to start my vacation. We leave out of Cape Liberty. If it is a 5:00 departure or there abouts, you can board by 11:30 generally.

4. If I want to bring water bottles on board can I tuck them inside my luggage or will that cause a problem? You can carry water bottles on openly. No need to pack.

5. My cruises previously have been on RCCL EOS and Disney Wonder. Will this be a better or same type of cruise in terms of service and food? Too subjective to answer re food. Service is always good on X.

Thank you so much!!!

Jenn

Have a great cruise! We enjoy the Summit.

1. I plan on bringing two of the large wine bottles on board in our carry-on luggage...is this still ok per X policy? Can I also bring on the wine opener?

2. On most cruises we just pour ourselves a glass of wine and bring it to dinner with us. Is that ok to do on X also? No corkage fee?

3. What time can I board?....I won't to be on first thing to start my vacation. We leave out of Cape Liberty.

4. If I want to bring water bottles on board can I tuck them inside my luggage or will that cause a problem?

5. My cruises previously have been on RCCL EOS and Disney Wonder. Will this be a better or same type of cruise in terms of service and food?

Thank you so much!!!

Jenn

Celebrity's website specifies 2 bottles of wine per cabin, but does not specify a size, so you should be fine. We have never had a problem getting a corkscrew on board, though it's always in our checked luggage.

The website says the wine you bring on board is for consumption in your cabin only, but really, since the room steward will supply you glasses that are likely identical to the ones used at bars throughout the ship it's likely no one will know the difference.

The paperwork that you receive from the Cruiseline probably says 5:30 pm to board, but we have always planned to board for about noon. Once we had to wait until 1pm for our cabin to be ready, but this was the exception, and we just had lunch in the buffet in the interim.

Bottled water brought on board has never been a problem for us. DH only drinks water, so he goes through a lot on a cruise. Though the pitcher water in the cabins on X is filtered, so it's just fine to drink, too.

We've never been on Disney, but have been on RCCL. We found RCCL caters significantly more to families with small children; you are unlikely to get towel animals on the bed on X, and you will not see skating rinks or rock climbing walls on X ships. Celebrity is a little quieter and more refined than RCCL, and there are little extras that make it more special, in our opinion. Food on both lines is very good. Be sure to book one night in the Normandie; it's like a Michelin 3 star dining experience for $30.

Have a great cruise. The Summit will not dissappoint!

Thank you all for the quick replies! Question- pitcher in the room with filtered water? Is that every day? Is it automatic or do we need to as for that?

What is the balcony furniture like? Is it plastic or wood with cushions?

Thanks,

Jenn

We are in a 2C balcony cabin I think it is 7076.

Archived