waterproof mattress cover?

rjm11

Hello all you Moms out there! I posted this on the NCL board too, but thought I'd ask:

do you know if any ships (NCL Pearl in particular) will supply a waterproof mattress cover? I have a 4 year old who is having trouble staying dry at night, and REFUSES to wear a pull up because "those are for babies like her brother". Hmmm. Anyway, it's happening about once a week, but I'm worried traveling will make it worse, and I don't want to ruin a mattress! Before I lug one with me, I thought I'd ask if anyone had had any luck asking for one from the cruiseline.

thanks

I have two kids in pull-ups at night and sometimes they leak.

I mentioned this to my room steward so that he could make sure to do whatever might be required with the bedding.

His response:

Don't worry about it. It is all taken care of. Relax and enjoy your trip.

My kids drank less on the cruise than they do at home and we had no accidents and a lot of dry pull-ups in the morning.

Mention it to your room steward ahead of time. I'm sure that the ship is well prepared for this. If your daughter has an accident and you are embarrassed, leave the steward a little tip that day and a big one at the end.

hb5

this is very reassuring! I might try to contact the ship coordinator ahead of time just in case, but thanks for the reassurance! As I have DD4 and DS2, I tip VERY well wherever we go! I'm sure many on here can relate....

this is very reassuring! I might try to contact the ship coordinator ahead of time just in case, but thanks for the reassurance! As I have DD4 and DS2, I tip VERY well wherever we go! I'm sure many on here can relate....

I can totally relate. My darling almost 3 yr. old leaks every night, no matter what I do.

Archived