Best shore excursions in Belize

WoodyStang

We just were in Belize on Feb 6-Carnival Miracle cruise. We booked a snorkeling tour with Coral Breezes and it was really great. We were met immediately by Hammerhead Sports who do the tour-met at the Wet Lizard right on the pier. We boarded a boat to Caye Caulker to drop off those that did not snorkel and immediately took off to the reef. There were 3 excellent guides who made sure beginners were well taken care of and they pointed out lots of sea life. A few of us women were chilly and they gave us all wetsuits to wear. We saw a "pet" moray eel that they feed to get out of hiding, their "pet" barracuda-Henry and then went to another location to stand in just 3 feet of water with many large stingrays swimming with us as they fed them. They allowed plenty of time and were so informative. We then went back to Caye Caulker and had about 1.5 hours to walk around and explore this tiny island. We shopped and had lunch and drinks on our own at a local bar. We made it back to the pier with time to shop. It was the best excursion of our cruise. We ziplined in Costa Rica a couple days earlier.

Hey there! We will be on the same cruise. When I was in Belize before we did a zip line- cave tubing combination trip with Nacho and Cynthia. It was one of the best shore excursions we have ever had. I think it might be my husband's favorite.

I am going with my Mom, Dad and sister this trip and we are trying to decide what to do. Mom wants to zip or tube, Dad doesn't.

We have a great roll call going- come on over and join in!

Hey there! We will be on the same cruise. When I was in Belize before we did a zip line- cave tubing combination trip with Nacho and Cynthia. It was one of the best shore excursions we have ever had. I think it might be my husband's favorite.

Glad to hear the good review about Nacho & Cynthia! We are booked with them 5/15 to go to Altun-Ha ruins and old belize city tour.

I love that their tour is a private tour, so they can do whatever combination you want (time permitting of course).

Can't wait!

Nicky

Flying over to Ambergris Caye for a day of snorkeling with ecotoursbelize dot com. After 13 cruises and several on island vacations I'd have to say it was one of the best excursions I've ever done. They meet you at the tender pier and hand walk you thru the whole day. They've never had a guest miss the tender back to a ship. Just Excellent.

Within a minute of entering the water we saw turtles, rays, eels and nurse sharks. Boating between snorkel sites we ran into a pod of dolphin and with a small boat were able to ride right next to them. We were encouraged to get into the water with them but then I wouldn't have gotten this video.

Archived