Totem Bright?

gridswaldtravlers

Hey guys, Does anyone know how far the Totem Bright Park is from the cruiseships? This is what we are trying to get done in 7 hours.

Misty Fiords Flight 8am to 10 am

Totem Bright Park ( We picked this one for the rain forest and the walk to the beach)

Funiclar to the Lodge

Walk the Married Man Trail

Shopping Creek Street

Hardley Davidson Shop ( A Must):)

I think in this order, but could use any and all sugg and can we do it in 7 hours. We are fast walkers.

How often do the buses run? Are they typically filled to capacity?

I've looked for and haven't found a map so I could determine how much walking Totem Bight involves. My wife has limited mobility and if the distances are long, I may have to just go to Saxman on the ship tour. So, is the walk through the rain forest a hundred feet or 1/2 mile?

.....This is what we are trying to get done in 7 hours.

Misty Fiords Flight 8am to 10 am

Totem Bright Park ( We picked this one for the rain forest and the walk to the beach)

Funiclar to the Lodge

Walk the Married Man Trail

Shopping Creek Street

Hardley Davidson Shop ( A Must):)

.... can we do it in 7 hours. We are fast walkers.

My wife and I did this last summer (fudge shop instead of HD) and a quick walk up to the Heritage Center for some quick photos. And ate at Burger Queen-on the run. Still had time to spare. Depends on how long you want to shop and trying to work around that bus schedule so you don't waste time. We only spent 1 hour at Totem Bight-enough time for us.

Thanks Yukon for the info.

Am I reading the bus schedule correctly? Leave from the dock at 6:45 and arrive at Totem Bight at 7:15 AM (30 minutes one way), same bus returns to dock area at 7:38 AM. Looks like there is a bus every hour departing 15 minutes after the hour.

I don't think my wife can manage this >1/2 mile hike. At the bus stop or nearby do I remember someone saying there is a trading post/gift shop. Is there anything else she could do while I'm in the woods?

Thanks Yukon for the info.

Am I reading the bus schedule correctly? Leave from the dock at 6:45 and arrive at Totem Bight at 7:15 AM (30 minutes one way), same bus returns to dock area at 7:38 AM. Looks like there is a bus every hour departing 15 minutes after the hour.

I don't think my wife can manage this >1/2 mile hike. At the bus stop or nearby do I remember someone saying there is a trading post/gift shop. Is there anything else she could do while I'm in the woods?

Yes, you're reading the bus schedule correctly. There's a gift shop at the park parking lot but it's very tiny. There are a few pleasant places to just sit when she's had enough, though.

Thanks for all the sugg. I am not sure if we are going to do Saxman Village or Totem Bright. I just don't think we can fit it all in, since Totem Bright is 20 mins away. I don't want to rush them to much. But we want to see all we can. The company we are taking the Misty Fiords flight offered to take us there (Totem Bright) so we might take them up on it. Does anybody prefer one over the other. We know about the forest and beach, anything else?

The Ketchikan Visitor Bureau says that they run 7 days a week - http://www.visit-ketchikan.com/GettingHere/GettingAroundKetchikan.aspx

If you only knew how many times I've looked at that page and have skipped that every time!!

Thanks for opening up my eyes. I'm happily back to my original plan!

That's to go to the park, stoll at my leisure then head back to town to go to the shops....and the Harley shop of course.

Despite the fact that the Ketchikan Visitor Bureau Web site says that the buses run 7 days a week, they do not! I just received this email:

"Hi Murray,

I apologize that you have received conflicting information about our public bus transportation. The blue line does not run on the weekends, so if you were trying to go out to Totem Bight State Park, you would need to find alternate transportation. I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Thank you,

Kerri Hassett

Visitor Services Coordinator

Ketchikan Visitors Bureau

Phone: 907-225-6166

E-mail: khassett@visit-ketchikan.com "

Despite the fact that the Ketchikan Visitor Bureau Web site says that the buses run 7 days a week, they do not! I just received this email:

"Hi Murray,

I apologize that you have received conflicting information about our public bus transportation. The blue line does not run on the weekends, so if you were trying to go out to Totem Bight State Park, you would need to find alternate transportation. I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Thank you,

Kerri Hassett

Visitor Services Coordinator

Ketchikan Visitors Bureau

Phone: 907-225-6166

E-mail: khassett@visit-ketchikan.com "

Wow ,glad to know this we are there on Sunday so that won't work. Thanks so much for checking it out for us.

Archived