Rock wall on the Grandeur

No ressie......the wall will be open certain hours(listed in your Cruise Compass).they will let you climb up to the top and take you down......You can go as much as you like,I suppose,but will have to get back in line...

Dont forget to bring socks!! You need to have them.....You'll also have to sign waivers..

If you go early,and there is no line, they will let you go again. But if there is a line, you will have to get back in line. Once you sign the waiver they hole punch your seapass card and you won't have to do it again the rest of the cruise.

The rock wall has many different levels of difficulty and they are all color coded. The greater the difficulty the fewer and smaller the hand/foot holds are.

When you make it to the top don't forget to ring the bell, then loiter at the top to have a great panoramic view from the top of the ship. Then rapel down the wall!:D

Usually they have a speed climb competition. So the 15y/o may want to find out when that will be so they can participate. I did once and it was fun. There were too many adults half my age who participated and did it just a bit faster.

Archived