ncl dawn cat c deck 8 with 4

dmart82

We will be traveling on ncl dawn with cat c oceanview deck 8 and i was trying to figure out if there is really enough room for the pull out bed for the fourth person. The pictures don't look like it is possible but my ta and the customer service at ncl says there is. Has any one been in these rooms with 4? Pease help?

We will be traveling on ncl dawn with cat c oceanview deck 8 and i was trying to figure out if there is really enough room for the pull out bed for the fourth person. The pictures don't look like it is possible but my ta and the customer service at ncl says there is. Has any one been in these rooms with 4? Pease help?

I was in a Cat C room on Deck 6. We were 3 adults. It was fine for us. BUT I would think that with 4 adults it would be awfully crowded.

The configuration is as follows:

2 lower singles, 1 upper pull down bunk and 1 cot that is located under one of the singles and is rolled out and set up as the 4th bed. I think the deployment of this 4th bed would make the cabin VERY crowded. It is possible but moving around would be awkward.

We had the 2 singles and the upper pull-down deployed and that was fine for three - never felt overcrowded.

I suppose if you only slept and showered in the cabin, four people would be possible.

There would be my husband, I and my 10 yr son and 16 yr son. From the pictures i am not sure where the bed would fit in the room. We had planned a pretrip to new york and not sure i want to spend any more to upgrade, extra $750. If we had not already book the new york trip, I would have upgraded with out a second thought. Already paid for the amtrak tickets, hotel room for two nights and yankee game tickets from stub hub.:eek:

Here is a picture of a non-standard set up to be done by your steward. The standard set up is to put the trundle bed between the two singles, making it wall-to-wall bed. This alternate layout creates a U-shape that allows floor space to access the beds. May work better for you.

49377774_4bedsincabinlayout.jpg.94ce35c8b34b89c46b1628532435318a.jpg

We were 4 on the Dawn last month(2 adults, 2 kids 10& 7). The cabin was fine for our family-not alot of extra space when the 2 extra beds were down, but we had a great room steward, the room was made up when we were at breakfast and turned down again b/w 6&930pm. Although when the beds were out you there wasn`t alot of space but it was easy enough to get dressed or to the washroom. I think for a family it works well (our kids wouldn`t want a cabin on their own) but for 4 adults it might be uncomfortable to be so close together. BTW, we loved the Dawn, had a great second cruise (Pearl 2009) and hope to sail on her again, maybe next year from Boston. Deck 8 is also great for getting down to the restaurants, lobby etc. Have a great cruise!

Thanks for the help, I choose the last room on the left side on ship, hoping that it might be a little bigger than the others cabins. With my luck it might end up going the other way and be a little smaller. If the weather is good, we won't be in the cabin but to sleep and shower.

Archived