Orient Beach nudity?

Prphan2

Just curious...why do people go to Orient Beach and then seem shocked by the nudity there? :confused:

Some people perception of a little or a lot are different. I would say there wasn't much, but the next person could say the only thing they was was nakedness walking all around. It all a matter of perception!

Some people perception of a little or a lot are different. I would say there wasn't much, but the next person could say the only thing they was was nakedness walking all around. It all a matter of perception!

True. I'm just always surprised that folks are surprised to see naked people on a nude beach. :p

Probably because they are prudes. :rolleyes: We went there knowing full well we would see nudity, and also experience it! :D

That's how we went there, too. :D Not our 1st experience, since we like Haulover Beach in FL., but the scenery at Orient was amazing! And I'm talking about the sea, etc...:p

I think you hit the nail on the head. Someone might post saying the nudity isn't very common on the beach. Some else reads that and thinks they won't encounter much, if any when they go. The problem lies where people have different definitions of how "much" is "much."

is there an area on Orient beach that is not clothing optional?

thank you

Technically, yes. However, there are no fences so you will see people in all stages of dress, and undress, roaming past you. Makes for an interesting day at the beach.

is there an area on Orient beach that is not clothing optional?

thank you

The restrooms? Dawn Beach (Yawn Beach) on the Dutch side (St. Maarten) is very nice, but not nearly as big or active as Orient Beach. You'll see a lot of families, but you still have to pay for beach chairs, and the food is still expensive.

You wont find it on the whole beach, only the far south end where all the bright yellow umbrellas are. (maybe 15%) For the rest of the beach you may find a topless woman and occasional nude persons, but for the most part those sections are primarily clothed. There are lots of beachside restaurants, and sections of beach chaises & umbrellas where people have regular bathing suits on.

The entire length of Orient Beach (and all beaches on the French side) follows the French custom of optional toplessness for women. If you mean full nudity, then it's primarily at the Club Orient end of the beach.

beachchick

Edited by beachchick

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Most people know that Orient beach has a nude section so I don't know why they are shocked to see actual naked people. Also so many people concerned that their kids might see someone naked. We went there with our kids and went for a walk along the beach where we ended up on the nudist side of the beach. Yes, the kids (teenagers) thought the sights were amusing and not particularly attractive in some cases but I don't see how it is going to have any sort of negative impact on them. They have been to beaches here in Australia with nudists when they were much younger and we didn't have a problem with it and neither did they. It is just the human body, some of it in better shape than others but perfectly natural. Americans in general do seem to be a lot more prudish about nudity than many other cultures. Extreme violence on TV seems to be acceptable but if so much as a butt crack or nipple is shown than there is uproar. The only thing I objected to at a clothing optional beach in Greece was that some people were sitting at the beach side cafes naked. I don't want to sit on any chair that some person has sat naked on.

Edited by graceinmelbourne