Shark Encounter Dolphin Cove Ocho Rios?

DavidsNana

Has anyone done this recently. Will be taking cruise which includes Ocho Rios with my 14 year old grandson and he is interested in doing the Shark Swim. When checking back on the forum, I found one positive review and one negative review. How was Dolphin Cove in general? Several older posts say it is run down. My grandson has done the river tubing, swim with dolphins and stingrays in the past and is not interested in doing the falls and ziplining is just not his thing. Thanks for any recent information. Barbara

Sorry for the nasty reply that you got....geez !!! some people.

We are taking my grandson this year too...but he is doing the zip line with his uncle and we want to just go see something else.

We are also wanting to do Dolphin Cove...but just to look around the park and enjoy the landscape.........we have done the dolphins in Cozumel....

Doesn't seem to be much else for us to do there....so I was hoping that someone would give you a description of the place.......

Anyone please ?????

Thanks for adding to my post and not being rude. I hope someone will give us some recent constructive information. We aren't sailing until June and have some time. Joie, hope you enjoy your cruise and your grandson enjoys ziplining with his uncle. My grandson and I did ziplining at the San Diego Wild Animal Park last summer and while I loved it and would do it again in a minute, he was less enamored. We were very high and even though he is not usually afraid of heights, this kind of intimidated him. Anyway, have a great time whatever you do. Davidsnana

you are welcome.........

My GS is 15 and this is HIS turn to cruise. Each grandchild gets a cruise....the 18 yr old went 3 years ago....now got to look forward to the 2 10-yr olds ( NOT TWINS ) in a few years.....not sure I want to try and handle 2 at one time....could be interesting.

I hope someone has info on this for us.

Have a good cruise.

Joie, Our cruise is 6/6 on the Emerald Princess, Western Caribbean. This will be our grandson's 3rd cruise with us, 2nd on Princess and did 1 on Carnival. We only have the one so easier to handle and afford! Don't know about 2 at a time.:) Hope you all enjoy. I know we will as we always do. I value my limited time with my grandson as they grow up so fast and then it is friends and cars (yikes) and part-time jobs. Thanks for your kindness.

Thanks and you have a great time on the Carnival Liberty also. My husband and I have been on the Spirit and the Miracle and had a wonderful time on both of them. At 47 days to go, you will be sailing about 2 months prior to us. I'll be looking for your report on Dolphin Cove if that is what you decide to do.

Archived