10 Inches and an Eartquake !!!!!!!!

thrltr

[quote name='breezycruiser']I feel you guys on the snow but an earthquake to go along with it...wow! The only time I've ever felt an earthquake was when I was visiting California in the summer of 08. I was kind of confused and didn't really know what was going on. By the time I figured out it was an earthquake it was over.Us folks here in the Baltimore/Washington DC area are in our 2nd blizzard in less than a week. I'm really wishing I was on a cruise right now![/quote]

Ditto for me summer '07. I was in a high rise hotel in San Francisco and at about 4:30 am or so, it sounded like someone was banging really hard on the window. I was so confused, then heard glasses tipping over in the living room and then I realized what was going on. It didn't last very long, but it did make the news. I don't remember the Richter scale measurement.

[quote name='CrusinCyndi']This morning around 4am I FELT the EARTHQUAKE. The dog was going nuts about 5 min before and I told her to shut up and wait to go outside then all of the sudden everything on my nightstand was shaking and rattling, so weird! I leave on the Miracle Tuesday 16th but am flying in the day before to Ft. Lauderdale, so these next 5-6 days can't come soon enough for me! I find it as an omen. The gods are telling me to head south to Florida and take a cruise!! ;)[/QUOTE]

Hello neighbor, I also felt the quake but thought it was a low flying airplane.We live in the area about 2 blocks east of I-55 and 2 miles north of I-80. We are sailing on the Dream on October.
Hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise.

All I can say is [B]leave early enough [/B]to get to your cruise!!! We're getting much more snow than normal in the South and there's more in the forecast.

Local news last night had motorists traveling through TN saying it was taking them hours to get through.

Drive safely, or fly safely,

Shay

Reporting here in the car from somewhere in Georgia!! This snowstorm arrived at the worst possible time for us... Our cruise is on Saturday and we had planned on driving down starting late Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning, but ended up leaving home after work on Monday night, trying to get ahead of the storm. None of us were completely packed and literally just threw everything into the trunk and high tailed it out of the Chicago area for Nashville. We were good until Indianapolis when the snow started (at around midnight, halfway through the trip). We were at a crawling pace for the rest of the drive and completely exhausted. Luckily, the weather is cooperating now, we spent the night in a gorgeous hotel at a fantastic rate, and we have a much shorter drive today to Atlanta for the night. It is crazy to hear about an earthquake back at home... Makes me even more glad we left early!

[quote name='breezycruiser']I feel you guys on the snow but an earthquake to go along with it...wow! The only time I've ever felt an earthquake was when I was visiting California in the summer of 08. I was kind of confused and didn't really know what was going on. By the time I figured out it was an earthquake it was over.Us folks here in the Baltimore/Washington DC area are in our 2nd blizzard in less than a week. I'm really wishing I was on a cruise right now![/quote]
me too! This is what it looks like outside my window today:
[URL=http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2058174700104390106XefrAE][IMG]http://inlinethumb47.webshots.com/9390/2058174700104390106S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[URL=http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2639391650104390106Hjzrva][IMG]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/26569/2639391650104390106S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

no eartquakes here, but enough wind and snow for a lifetime!

Wow! You are making a 3 day drive to port? I am just kind of curious how that could be cheaper than, say 3 airline tickets? Do you mind me asking where you are cruising out of?

[quote name='frazzledrazzle16']Reporting here in the car from somewhere in Georgia!! This snowstorm arrived at the worst possible time for us... Our cruise is on Saturday and we had planned on driving down starting late Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning, but ended up leaving home after work on Monday night, trying to get ahead of the storm. None of us were completely packed and literally just threw everything into the trunk and high tailed it out of the Chicago area for Nashville. We were good until Indianapolis when the snow started (at around midnight, halfway through the trip). We were at a crawling pace for the rest of the drive and completely exhausted. Luckily, the weather is cooperating now, we spent the night in a gorgeous hotel at a fantastic rate, and we have a much shorter drive today to Atlanta for the night. It is crazy to hear about an earthquake back at home... Makes me even more glad we left early![/quote]

[quote name='calker']as my son's preschool teacher used to say when her students couldn't go outside for recess on rain/snow/too cold days:

"let's find our "happy place", mine is at the beach, sitting in a lounge chair, under an umbrella, with a tall glass of lemonade."

we should all go to our "happy place" where there are no earth quakes, snow, ice, and predictions of -11:eek: (negative 11) temps![/quote]

amen.

[quote name='frazzledrazzle16']Reporting here in the car from somewhere in Georgia!! This snowstorm arrived at the worst possible time for us... Our cruise is on Saturday and we had planned on driving down starting late Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning, but ended up leaving home after work on Monday night, trying to get ahead of the storm. None of us were completely packed and literally just threw everything into the trunk and high tailed it out of the Chicago area for Nashville. We were good until Indianapolis when the snow started (at around midnight, halfway through the trip). We were at a crawling pace for the rest of the drive and completely exhausted. Luckily, the weather is cooperating now, we spent the night in a gorgeous hotel at a fantastic rate, and we have a much shorter drive today to Atlanta for the night. It is crazy to hear about an earthquake back at home... Makes me even more glad we left early![/quote]

My name would be Frazzle too if I had to drive 3 days to port......

[quote name='TheDINGOateMyBaybay!']Wow! You are making a 3 day drive to port? I am just kind of curious how that could be cheaper than, say 3 airline tickets? Do you mind me asking where you are cruising out of?[/QUOTE]

Well originally it was just going to be a two day drive, stopping in Atlanta and then spending a few days in Ft. Lauderdale. There are four of us and driving ends up less expensive most of the time. Plus, we usually enjoy driving, but I think after this one I might be burned out for awhile LOL.

[quote name='Kurbanfan']4.3 earthquake? That's more like an aftershock for us Californians:D[/quote]
I agree it was a small one by California standards. I live 5 miles from the epicenter and I thought a car had struck the side of my house.

Rich

[quote name='CrusinCyndi']This morning around 4am I FELT the EARTHQUAKE. The dog was going nuts about 5 min before and I told her to shut up and wait to go outside then all of the sudden everything on my nightstand was shaking and rattling, so weird! I leave on the Miracle Tuesday 16th but am flying in the day before to Ft. Lauderdale, so these next 5-6 days can't come soon enough for me! I find it as an omen. The gods are telling me to head south to Florida and take a cruise!! ;)[/quote]
My dog did the same thing and I also told her to shut up.Only 10 more days to go, but I only have to work outside for 2 of them:D.

[quote name='egh170']Hello neighbor, I also felt the quake but thought it was a low flying airplane.We live in the area about 2 blocks east of I-55 and 2 miles north of I-80. We are sailing on the Dream on October.
Hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise.[/quote]
Not too far from our house, 3miles w of 59 between Caton Farm andTtheodore.

[quote name='DemonPeeves']I'm in NW Indiana and tired of this morning's Mother Nature drama myself. Thank goodness we escape in 12 days!!! Wooohoooo!!! Hope the road trip down to Mobile is safe and snow free![/quote]
We drove to Mobile to cruise in JUly. It started raining right as I got onto !-65 and it didnt stop untill we got tp Tenn. Than it started again from Bowling green all of the way to the Alabama Tenn. border.

[URL="http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee70/read52/?action=view¤t=herewegoagain.jpg&newest=1"][IMG]http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee70/read52/th_herewegoagain.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Here is another picture of the snow in DC/Maryland. If I knew that school would be canceled for a week I would have jumped on the Pride and gone to the Bahamas. This picture was Wed. in the morning. We got another 6 inches since that time.

My son lives in Chicago and he was planning on buy a car today. That is what he is doing now. An earthquake and a snowstorm does not slow him down.

Archived