Dinner Reservation Recommendations

Sailfish

I have late dining reserved for my cruise on the Splendor this weekend; since we last cruised (a while ago) the cruise line also instituted anytime dining (or something like it).

Our last experience on the Valor had us dining ALONE at a table for 8 most nights - we don't want that to happen again, so we figured we would see what our table was like the first night and change over to anytime dining if our table mates were not present or are not always going to come.

So, can I change over to anytime dining on day 2? Can I request to join a larger table at anytime dining? I ask, since we have always enjoyed the company of others. I love my husband's company, but if we wanted to eat alone, I would request to do so. And being stuck at a table for 8, 6 or 4 alone would be very disappointing.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Suzi

I have late dining reserved for my cruise on the Splendor this weekend; since we last cruised (a while ago) the cruise line also instituted anytime dining (or something like it).

Our last experience on the Valor had us dining ALONE at a table for 8 most nights - we don't want that to happen again, so we figured we would see what our table was like the first night and change over to anytime dining if our table mates were not present or are not always going to come.

So, can I change over to anytime dining on day 2? Can I request to join a larger table at anytime dining? I ask, since we have always enjoyed the company of others. I love my husband's company, but if we wanted to eat alone, I would request to do so. And being stuck at a table for 8, 6 or 4 alone would be very disappointing.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Suzi

This would be NO - you can request once you board a bigger, smaller, late, early dining and even a change of tables but you cannot switch to anytime. You would have to call you pvp now or carnival to do that. If you do switch to anytime you can request being seated with others and in fact other posters have said if you do this you sometimes get seated earlier rather than wait for a table for two. I too appreciate what you say about eating alone - we do that now - when I am on holidays I want to engage with others.

WOW! This was not what I expected.

So, I have another question! Is a set seating time more popular than anytime dining, in your opinion? I really don't know what to do - we always end up anytime dining on Princess, but that's partly because a set dining time is seldom available. Now that this is available on Carnival, are more people requesting a set dining time actually showing up to their assigned dinner seating?

From what I've read, the Splendor will not be offering Anytime Dining until the summer. I'm drawing a blank at the exact month at the moment, but I know it was after my sail date of 4/25.

ETA: Apparently the date is 5/30 for the Splendor.

From what I've read, the Splendor will not be offering Anytime Dining until the summer. I'm drawing a blank at the exact month at the moment, but I know it was after my sail date of 4/25.

ETA: Apparently the date is 5/30 for the Splendor.

That's interesting, as I just got off the phone with my PVP and though I didn't ask for him to change us over, he told me to call him back if we wanted to change. I got the impression that anytime dining was definitely a choice - but may not be available because it's "full". I sure wish I could trust what Carnival says - now I'll have to call them back again just to verify!!

Suzi

That's interesting, as I just got off the phone with my PVP and though I didn't ask for him to change us over, he told me to call him back if we wanted to change. I got the impression that anytime dining was definitely a choice - but may not be available because it's "full". I sure wish I could trust what Carnival says - now I'll have to call them back again just to verify!!

Suzi

My PERSONAL opinion on this is to go with anytime dining - that way you can request to be seated with someone else, you may make a connection and decide to dine together again or not. When we have set setting we have always had a full table and made many friends over the years so it has not been an issue with us but I sure would not want to face a half empty table everynight either. Have you gone to your rollcall yet - you can meet people even before you sail and set up meets once you are on the ship.

My PERSONAL opinion on this is to go with anytime dining - that way you can request to be seated with someone else, you may make a connection and decide to dine together again or not. When we have set setting we have always had a full table and made many friends over the years so it has not been an issue with us but I sure would not want to face a half empty table everynight either. Have you gone to your rollcall yet - you can meet people even before you sail and set up meets once you are on the ship.

Yes, I am active on the roll call. But I did confirm the Splendor does not have anytime dining (I wonder why???) - so much for that idea! Info on CC is more accurate than you think - thanks kabell99! Go figure!

Yes, I am active on the roll call. But I did confirm the Splendor does not have anytime dining (I wonder why???) - so much for that idea! Info on CC is more accurate than you think - thanks kabell99! Go figure!

You're welcome. From what I've read, they are gradually rolling it out througout the fleet. It just happens that Splendor is at the end of the rollout.

Your Time Open Seating Dining

Dinner

5:45pm-9:30pm

Code - O

Ship

First Saildate Offered

Option Open in System

Carnival Legend

Offered on board since 6/29/08

Yes

Carnival Liberty

Offered on board since 11/01/08

Yes

Carnival Sensation

Offered on board since 2/26/08

Yes

Carnival Paradise

Offered on board since 3/20/09

Yes

Carnival Miracle

Offered on board since 3/29/09

Yes

Carnival Elation

Offered on board since 4/26/09

Yes

Carnival Conquest

Offered on board since 4/26/09

Yes

Carnival Pride

Offered on board since 4/27/09

Yes

Carnival Fantasy

Offered on board since 6/03/09

Yes

Carnival Imagination

Offered on board since 6/05/09

Yes

Carnival Spirit

Offered on board since 6/13/09

Yes

Carnival Inspiration

Offered on board since 7/09/09

Yes

Carnival Destiny

Offered on board since 9/17/09

Yes

Carnival Dream

Offered on board since 9/18/09

Yes

Carnival Ecstasy

Offered on board since 10/31/09

Yes

Carnival Victory

Offered on board since 11/28/09*

Yes

Carnival Freedom

Offered on board since 1/02/10

Yes

Carnival Triumph

Offered on board since 1/28/10

Yes

Carnival Glory

2/28/10

Yes

Carnival Fascination

3/29/10

Yes

Carnival Valor

5/02/10

Yes

Carnival Splendor

5/30/10

Yes

Carnival Magic

5/01/11

Yes

* Your Time Dining not offered on the Carnival Victory Barbados roundtrip cruises.

Archived