Transportation Nyc For Dawn

jcike1980

Closest to pier is LaGuardia. JFK is next closest, and after that I suppose you could consider Newark.

Cab fare..... that is a tricky question... it can vary due to traffic conditions. You CAN book a shuttle from either NY airport with Norwegian for a reasonable amount, certainly less than cab fare would be.

Another option could be to hire a car service instead of using a taxi. They vary in level of service. From prearrangement so that they are waiting for you (they track your flight) and handle your bags -- this is closest to what could be viewed as limo service so the cost reflects that. The other end would be to call a car service company once you arrive and then wait on the curb with your bags. My experience for this at LGA is usually a 15-20 minute wait.

What's good about using a car service is that they quote a flat rate (plus tolls) so that if tunnel/bridge traffic is a mess, you are not watching a meter going up and up while stuck in a line of cars going no where. Plus no guessing if the taxi line will be overly long that day or not.

We are on the Crown in July and are considering staying an extra night in NY. Any ideas on a central location for both the cruise port and the airport? I can't locate the info for the pier and am getting nowhere.

The hired car idea sounds good to me. Can anyone recommend one? The last time I took a cab, the meter was to $15 before we got out of the parking lot. I prefer to know what I'm spending.

Thanks!

NYC Passenger Ship Terminal is located in Manhattan off the West Side Highway (12th Avenue) and span several blocks of the West 50s. The website is http://www.nypst.com/

You can also go through Cruise Critic's destinations listing for NYC (http://www.cruisecritic.com/ports/newport.cfm?ID=94) and they give you some further details including some additional options for getting into Manhattan from the airports (bus service, van shuttles, etc).

Hope that helps.

Archived