Urgent - Mini Suite Decision Needed NOW

Aussie TJE

We have to make an urgent decision on which cabin to take (on Sun Princess) for our move-over from Diamond on a balcony. We have been offered a choice of mini suites and I don't know which one to go for. I can't believe that they have offered us a AA - is there any catch or reason not to go for this one - it sounds perfect!

The options are

AA - Suite with balcony - C746

AB - Mini suite with balcony - B750, B755, D748, D751

AC - B401, 402, 403 & 404

Please help me as I don't know what to do!!!

We have to make an urgent decision on which cabin to take for our move-over from Diamond on a balcony. We have been offered a choice of mini suites and I don't know which one to go for. I can't believe that they have offered us a AA - is there any catch or reason not to go for this one - it sounds perfect!

The options are

Which ship are you going on? I know you said on the other thread but I forgot.

We have to make an urgent decision on which cabin to take (on Sun Princess) for our move-over from Diamond on a balcony. We have been offered a choice of mini suites and I don't know which one to go for. I can't believe that they have offered us a AA - is there any catch or reason not to go for this one - it sounds perfect!

The options are

Update : the AA was a mistake, but I can have any of the others. Help please, I'm so confused!!!

Sorry, Just saw your correction! I am not familliar enough with the minis to know which is better. Where is ToTo when we need her? She will know.

Thanks Liz54, I thought the AA was too good to be true - but I can select any of the others, so that's OK. I'm sure ToTo will be back to help me. It's harder when you don't know the ship, there are quite a few different ones (in different locations) just to totally confuse me and they need a decision soon! Not that I'm complaining - I still can't believe that they are giving us a mini suite!!!

I am sorry, I am not familiar with the Sun Princess, but I can't imagine ANY downside to taking a Mini Suite! We LOVE our Mini suites! Always nice to have a larger shower and a bath tub, with a larger balcony and more room space! That's what I would choose!

I love your name - very apt! That's my problem too, not knowing the Sun Princess, and I've never had a mini suite before - can you tell that I'm a little bit excited!!! I think I could get very used to this way of cruising - perhaps that's why they do these offers, since then know how hard it is to go back a balcony again!!!

I personally wouldn't want AC rooms B401, B402, B403 or B404 as they appear to be mid ship but right outside the elevators!!

I would go with AB, but not sure if i'd choose B750/B755 or D748/D751. Baja is up higher but not at the side of the ship, back center. the Dolphin deck mini's appear to be on the side of the back but are also right above the stage from the lounge below - just observations!

I personally wouldn't want AC rooms B401, B402, B403 or B404 as they appear to be mid ship but right outside the elevators!!

I would go with AB, but not sure if i'd choose B750/B755 or D748/D751. Baja is up higher but not at the side of the ship, back center. the Dolphin deck mini's appear to be on the side of the back but are also right above the stage from the lounge below - just observations!

That did cross my mind about the noise from the elevators. So perhaps we cross them off the list and select from the others.

If I helps anyone help me decide - I love a bright room, and love being able to see the sea - can I see the ocean in bed from all of these? It's too hard!!!! It was much easier when we booked a balcony guarantee - now I have to decide and I can't!!!!

Mini Suites on the Sun are like full suitesd on other Princess Ships.

Grab one you'll love it. Bath has separate shower and tub.

Will make a big difference to to tiny showers we have had on other ships. I'm going to make the most of being able to have a bath on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean. Sound amazing. I'm so excited!!!

If you can get one of the AB Aft mini's go for it!!!! Yes, they are the size of a full suite and beautiful! we had one on the Sea Princess and absolutely loved it....let us know what you decide.

I think that's where I'm headed - I think we will love it - just need to decide!

We have had aft mini suites on the Sun Princess and love them. I would pick them over mid-ships ones any time (we've had those also on the Dawn Princess, a sister). The aft minis have a very large balcony and are much more spacious.

Well it looks like the afts are winning. Sunviking, can you remember which mini suites that you had on the Sun Princess. It seems that most people seem to love the afts.

My wife and I had B750 on the Sun a few years ago and absolutely loved it! The layout was great - tons of room - fabulous bathroom but likely the thing I liked best was the balcony. Two full loungers - table and four chairs and everything was teak. I think we actually enjoyed that suite more than an aft VS suite on the Carribean Princess more recently. We toured the AA suite next door and frankly, I preferred ours.

Have a great trip - you can't miss with any of those selections!

Rob

Lol, I'm another vote for the aft! Yep, they got to us on our b2b CB cruise, offered a special rate for a balcony, so we switched, loved it of course, then they threw us a special promotion for one of the aft minis on the Emerald deck, and now we can't go back, the thought of cruising without a balcony makes me want to cry! I love the time we spend out there! You'll love having an aft mini. Maybe do an online search of each room and see if anyone has taken pictures of them? That might help you decide! Or start another thread with the ships name and the room numbers, you may get a few hits that way!

Hi Tamarah,

You are so, so lucky to be given a mini-suite. My husband and I had a mini-suite last December, on the Sun Princess and it was just amazing. It will be extremely hard to go back to anything else now.

Our mini-suite was B422 (Baja deck) - mid ship. We just loved our suite. It was a surprise for my husband as he had such a busy year at work, it was a treat. I had a spa, with bubbles, in the middle of the ocean and it was absolutely amazing. The shower is HUGE and has a glass door as opposed to a shower curtain. From our bedroom you could see the ocean, also from the lounge room. The walk in robe was also amazing and a curtain separates the bedroom from the lounge room. I would save longer now to have a mini as opposed to a Balcony room.

Mid ship, mini suite - is definately the way to go. Just my thoughts.

Enjoy it, I'm sure you will.

Vicki.

Archived