Is there a support group I can join?

hlb76

I have been on 4 cruises and LOVED them all. I have always come home excited to go on another. I have always been able to wait knowing next winter we would go again. This year I am having major with drawls. I dont know its it's that we went on a 7 day cruise this year. Or it's due to the weather in MN has been extremely bad and I miss the warmth. We have COLD weather and snow to my waist around here. I find myslef spending about 4-5 hours a day on CC reading and dreaming. When I first got back I spent hours on travel websites looking for deals and going through the budget trying to make it work. I found that it's not possible til next year so stopped looking at travel sites. Now I am still addicted here. I'm tempted to look for a 2nd job to make a nicer cruise fund but between the hubby and I we work TOO many hours now and feel we dont get enough time with the kids so its not possible for me to do that.

Is there any help for a girl like me?

I wish I could book now. Our work schedules are too ever changing for us to book now. I hope by Aug we will be able to this year. We normally book 6-8 weeks in advance once we know for sure we can get the time off. I also need to wait for the kids school schedules to come out for next year. I wish we had more flexiblity to book and use some of the great rates I have seen.

Read books on cruising, shipboard life, murder mysteries aboard cruise ships, etc.

Watch movies that take place on cruise ships, even "Titanic" helps pass the time for me

Listen to the Beach Boys, Jimmy Buffet, an reggae music.

These are the things I do to make the time go more quickly.

I have to agree with MrPete. This website is my support group. What helps me is watching movies or Cruising DVDs.. Like the Samantha Brown one. Also, looking at the most recent reviews..help me as well. I have one booked for Memorial Day weekend..and we just booked that last month and I CANT WAIT! Just got off one last October.

I hope you get to book one soon!!!!

We on CC are sufferers of PCD (Post Cruise Depression). Even when we do have a cruise booked and on the horizon. We had a week off and booked a short 5day to try and fill the void till May.

I can't wait till I can retire and then cruise whenever I want with my wonderful DW. (Not just saying that because of Valentine's Day either).....

Yes, Cruise Critic is the best support system out there. I read the reviews as well as check every few minutes to see new posts.

Also, I check for price drops on cruises that I currently have booked and cruises that are on my wish list.

All of those things keep me pretty busy. Oh, and I drive everyone nuts by talking about cruises/travel non-stop!

Archived