Sun Princess - Aft Mini Suite vs AC Mini

Aussie TJE

Sorry for another question - but someone said if I posted the ship I might get more specific info.

I am trying to decide between an aft mini (B755 or B750) or one of the AC minis (perhaps B333). I was leaning towards the aft mini, because I've never had a aft before - mind you, I've never had a mini either.

I'm just a bit concerned as someone mentioned that the afts are very dark - and I like lots of natural light - is this true! Also, does anyone know if you can lie in bed and watch the ocean from the afts, like you can in the AC's.

As you can tell, I'm still torn as to which one to select. I've asked the TA to see if the aft is available, but wonder if I should take B333 instead if it's going to be brighter and as others have mentioned it's closer to mid ship, Horizon Court and near to lifts with out being on top of them.

Any thoughts please!!! I never know if I should post in P&O or Princess - I tend to post in both as some people might only read one. My apologies if you see two similar threads. This should be my last one until I tell you what we have selected. So please stay with me a little longer!

Tamarah - My husband and I had aft cabin B750 3 years ago on the Sun. It is a wonderful cabin (even had 2 baths). Loved it. I would recommend that you grab it if you can. Best mini that we ever had. Big balcony.

Let me know if you book it.

Jan

Tamarah - My husband and I had aft cabin B750 3 years ago on the Sun. It is a wonderful cabin (even had 2 baths). Loved it. I would recommend that you grab it if you can. Best mini that we ever had. Big balcony.

Let me know if you book it.

Jan

Hi Jan,

I made a decision with a lot of help from ToTo who has raved about the cabin next door B755 which appears idential. Looks like I have made a good decision, as you both think it's the best mini you have ever had. I've never had a mini, so am really looking forward to it.

Was your mini dark inside and could you see the sea from bed, or just the lounge??? Just curious - not changing my mind now LOL!

Thanks so much for reinforcing that I have made the right decision. Now I just stressing and waiting for Princess to get back to my TA and say I can have it. Waiting is hard when you have decided what you want. Fingers crossed.

Thanks once again.

Just thought that I would let everyone know that we finally made a decision (sorry if I drove you all mad, but think of how much I was driving myself mad)!!!

We ended up going for one of the aft mini suites - B755. Our TA has just called and has had verbal confirmation from Princess that we can have this mini suite. I am so excited.

Thanks for everything everyone - I can't thank you all enough for all your help and patience!!!

Congratulations publically tamarah, I think you will be more than pleased with this mini suite. Glad I could assist in some of the pariticulars of this mini (one of our all time favorites ever). ;)

Toto2Kansas - I'd also like to take the opportunity to publically thank you for all your help. They did say you were the expert and you cetainly sold me - as did one other person. It seems that once you have had one of these special mini suites, that it's hard to go back - now I'm getting worried!!!

Thanks once again. I'll let you know what we think when we return. I'm 100% certain that we will love it - what's not to love about cruising and our first mini!!! Oh oh, just noticed that I said first mini - it's started already and I have even had it yet!!

As soon as you walk into your aft mini, you are going to feel even better about your decision. Enjoy your cruise!

Now, if we could only get our cabin assignment, still waiting and it's 17 days away....:)

Oh, now you are really making me feel that I made the right decision.

I know how you feel about waiting - when we booked the Diamond we had a balcony guarantee and waited 2 months before our cabin appeared. I can't tell you how many times I checked the Princess website. Mind you it was kind of fun and what a great feeling when it finally appeared. Do what I did - for ages I checked under my name, then one day I decided to do something different and checked under my partner's name - guess what the cabin number appeared! Worth a try! Let us know what you get allocated - what have you requested?

Tamarah - I don't think that we could see the sea from the bed. One other nice feature of B750 was that there was a window in front of the desk that you could look out and see the sea while you were putting on makeup,etc. A nice,extra touch. You are going to love it. When we booked it,we didn't know it would be like that as we had had other mini's before that were not like that. I imagine that B755 is identical.

Also,just remembered it had a wet bar.

Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy your mini.

Jan

Tamarah - I don't think that we could see the sea from the bed. One other nice feature of B750 was that there was a window in front of the desk that you could look out and see the sea while you were putting on makeup,etc. A nice,extra touch. You are going to love it. When we booked it,we didn't know it would be like that as we had had other mini's before that were not like that. I imagine that B755 is identical.

Jan

Jan, the same with us. I asked many about these two mini suites but nobody seemed to know anything about them. Since on all of the other Sun Class ships, these locations are full suites not minis, I wanted to book to see for myself. I agree, the wondow over that neat little dresser that pops up to a mirror was a nice touch, and we loved the wet bar as that is where we plugged in the coffee maker we brought along, and it was very handy. B755 is the same, just on the opposite side aft.

Jan

Jan, the same with us. I asked many about these two mini suites but nobody seemed to know anything about them. Since on all of the other Sun Class ships, these locations are full suites not minis, I wanted to book to see for myself. I agree, the wondow over that neat little dresser that pops up to a mirror was a nice touch, and we loved the wet bar as that is where we plugged in the coffee maker we brought along, and it was very handy. B755 is the same, just on the opposite side aft.

Thanks Jan and Toto2Kansas. You too really love these suites - they really do sound special - they seem like they are a little secret. We can't wait to walk inside our mini. Thanks so much to you both for all your help - We will let you know how much we loved it when we return.

Archived