For those who have had to make a claim on travel insurance....

MamaParrotHead

Travelex Travel Lite. Two claims-one for a stolen camera and one for $1700.00 for an infected blister. Had check within two weeks but you do need to have documentation. It cost me more to replace my camera in Italy and they actually paid me more that the cost of my original camera. Nothing but good service.

What does the stolen property fall under? The baggage, or is there another part of the policy that I am missing?

My son also had an ear infection while onboard. We had gone to the doctor's prior to the cruise but the antibiotic he was given did not work. We took him to see the ship's doctor.

We used Travelex. I submitted the claim via fax and received a letter advising me that they would consider the claim if they received original documents. I did send them the originals and they paid promptly. I did not have the pre-existing condition waiver since I purchased the insurance about two months after booking. I wondered if they would deny the claim because I needed to tell them he experienced the problem prior to cruising. Apparently it wasn't an issue.

One word of caution. If you do see the doctor make sure you keep the itemized signed paperwork from them in a safe place. I was upset because I had kept all of my important papers on an open shelf in the nightstand. When I went to the nightstand to pack the night before the cruise all of the papers were gone. To this day I have no idea why the cabin steward would remove them. It was such a hassle getting replacements the following morning before leaving the ship.

My son also had an ear infection while onboard. We had gone to the doctor's prior to the cruise but the antibiotic he was given did not work. We took him to see the ship's doctor.

We used Travelex. I submitted the claim via fax and received a letter advising me that they would consider the claim if they received original documents. I did send them the originals and they paid promptly. I did not have the pre-existing condition waiver since I purchased the insurance about two months after booking. I wondered if they would deny the claim because I needed to tell them he experienced the problem prior to cruising. Apparently it wasn't an issue.

One word of caution. If you do see the doctor make sure you keep the itemized signed paperwork from them in a safe place. I was upset because I had kept all of my important papers on an open shelf in the nightstand. When I went to the nightstand to pack the night before the cruise all of the papers were gone. To this day I have no idea why the cabin steward would remove them. It was such a hassle getting replacements the following morning before leaving the ship.

2 claims with Travelex. I had all the documentation. Excellent service. Check within 2 weeks

I would not use Travelex purchased through insuremytrip.com. Our trip was July 19 -26, 2009 on the Splendor. My granddaughter was treated in the infirmiry for an ear infection. The insurance was primary and we are still waiting for payment. It has been a royal run around. They have not refused to pay. They ask for a piece of information and when that is submitted, they ask for something else. The main stumbling block at this point is getting proof of treatment signed by the doctor that treated her. Even though it is documented on the sign and sail card as infirmary charges. I am extremely disappointed in this product. I will not use this company again.

Shoot, this is the insurance co. we are using for July 2010. :(

Before and when you get Travel Insurance read all the information about what you are getting. Not after something happens. Phone numbers, documents needed and signatures needed. Keep everything you can get.

Don;t leave home without Travel Ins. We use Travel Guard and they have been great over the years.

Archived