Transportation out of Port Canaveral

osucruise

We are booking a cruise in August. Any suggestions would be great. I am thinking of getting there the night before and most flights look like around midnight, and then leaving same day when return from orlando. Should we stay at orlando 1st nite or try to get closer to port? It really will not matter since we can't do much arriving nite. Also, and good transportation services and prices recommended?

Hi;

We have always used InterPlex Transportation. The service has been consistently great and we always book online (Will save you couple of bucks). I have seen some good reviews from other bloggers as well. As for your overnight staying, you may want to consider the Residence Inn at the Cape Canaveral or the Country Inn and Sts.

The transportation Company website was:

http://www.interplex.net

Enjoy your trip!

We haved used Happy Limo www.happylimo.com for transportation to Port Canaveral from Orlando Airport and have always been pleased with the service. Also we always stay at the Radisson at the Port,http://www.radisson.com/capecanaveralfl?s_cid=L6845514, love their pool and they also offer a free shuttle to the cruise port, can't beat that!

We rented a car at the Orlando airport, drove to Port Canaveral that night and stayed at the Radisson. That way we could make the trip on our own schedule, stop and pick up a few items, etc. Also, I think it was cheaper than a car service. It was easy to return the car the next morning and take their shuttle to the port.

I would call Sunshine State Transportation, they have the best rates, call and ask for Hector, he will give you the best price,he can arrange anything you want or need to do prior to your cruise, 1-888-437-2826 we have used them several times, don't worry with the hassle of renting a car, tell me Laurie from Ga. gave you the info.

Since you are arriving so late you could do what we did in New Orleans. Book a hotel right at the airport, book tranfer from airport to ship next day. Yes, you will have to go back to the airport but if the hotel is at the airport really not that big a deal. Your transfer will be thru Carnival and you just go to the place at the airport (usually right outside of baggage pickup) to hop on the Carnival bus. Transfers usually run 30-35.00. And since it is a Carnival transfer they will wait on you at the ship should anything happen. When we have flown into Orlando we have always arrived a few days early and rented a car, but this worked well for us in New Orleans. Yes, you will have to take a taxi or shuttle to the hotel (usually shuttle if the hotel is at the airport, and back to it the next day) but it is very do-able.

Archived