?What time does boarding start for a 5:00 sail on Grandeur OTS out of Tampa?

On February 6, my wife and I arrived at the port at 11:21, dropped our car off with the valet. The porter took our bags and we walked to the checkin. The checkin process was less than 2 minutes and we boarded the ship at 11:32 -- 11 minutes total from turning left into the port from channelside.

We arrived at 10:45, checked in, had a juice and cookie downstairs, walked upstairs and just as were getting close to the jetway or shipway :) they announced the start of boarding. We were the first ones on the ship. I thought we would get a welcoming bottle of wine for being first but no such luck. ;)

Anyways we got to the pool bar and had our first drink at ~11:15.

There is more to the story.

They do lock all the hallway doors until 1pm.

But as I was walking around the deck, I stumbled upon opened door that had stairs going down. Curious only because it was in the back of the ship, I walked down to eight deck and came out just about 3 doors from where our aft cabin was located. Looked around, nobody there, I tried the key and sure enough the door unlocked. Walked in and made sure it was prepped for us. It was, and included a bottle of wine in a bucket of ice from our TA. Walked back upstairs, grabbed my SO and few minutes later we were enjoying a glass of chilled Chard on our balcony. It was probably ~noon.

Not saying that this will happen again but I think it's a cute little story.

Archived