Ideas on jerks blocking the stairs?

kay1864

Just off the Elation. Encountered two bands of stair-hogging teens. Both bands made way BEFORE I even said 'excuse me'.

What is this world coming to? Polite, observant, teens

You just had to bring this thread back to life!! :p

Toss them little punks down the stairs :D that will teach them to block the stairways! LOL. Or maybe try the nice approach and just tase them! :eek:

Can't toss them:rolleyes:............that would be an assault

Can't tase them:rolleyes:..............no weapons policy.

We are back to the "oops" with a glass of tomato juice:p

Just came back from a cruise & finally found some stair hogs (teenagers). We told them that they better watch out because someone might come and "accidentally" spill tomato juice on them. :D

After we told them about this thread, they laughed along with us.

Just came back from a cruise & finally found some stair hogs (teenagers). We told them that they better watch out because someone might come and "accidentally" spill tomato juice on them. :D

:D Then did you all go and fill up at the lido...or do a little dancing? Love it!!!:)

First we say excuse me, and if they don't respond.Then, We just start walking up the stairs...whether they move out the way or not.

I do the same thing. Sorry but I am not going to beg to get through or stoop to a their level with "accidently" stepping on someone or spilling something on them. I say excuse me politely and 99% of the time they move. When they don't I go anyways.

Thanks for selling us out.

Thanks for selling us out.

I know right?! LOL now we have to come up with something else. Which works for me as I would rather have my tomato juice in my glass with some vodka from my rum runner ;)

• 11 months later...

This thread reminded me of the night we came out of the theater and found a big crowd waiting in front of the elevators. A bunch of kids were sitting on the floor in all the elevators taking up all the space so nobody could get on or off.

OMG :eek:!!! I can not believe this thread has resurfaced.......

I was thinking the same exact thing. When I saw the title I said...it can't be, then I checked and sure enough it is over a year old. It's like seeing an old friend again! :o

News to me too, and Iv been on a lot of cruises.

I thought it was old people sitting on the stairs blocked them waiting for the dining room to open up.

Also news to me... and I DO sail during peak younger periods as well... NEVER had an issue with this... fortunately if I do, they tend to part for me anyway (15 years of being Army SF - you really never lose that build or that look) lol

I didn't read all the posts because there are just too many. Here's my take on a large group of teens that are block stairs, hallway, doorways, etc. I have worked as a security person for a high school for 13 years. I have made my way through large groups of "blockers" many times at school and in public places. Large groups of kids "blocking" an area can be intimidating to a lot of people. But, most teenagers are not thugs looking to be pains in the ***! They simply don't think and can be inconsiderate. If it's loud and they can't hear me say "excuse me, I'd like to get through", then I lightly tap a shoulder and repeated myself as I'm pushing past. They will move. I have also, on one occassion on a cruise, just asked politley if they could make sure to leave a space for others to get through. They moved. I didn't even get the evil eye from any of them.:D Now, if it's adults who are blocking, that's a whole different animal! :eek:

We've been on 6 cruises and I've never encountered stair blockers....but as others have said a simple excuse me and then use the stairs is what I would do.

The only time I encounter them is on port days and when it is time to disembark at the end of the cruise.

I've noticed the people who say they haven't encountered this-when looking at their signature lines- have not cruised in the summer. The only time we encountered it was on the Grandeur of the Seas out of Baltimore in Aug 2005. A lot of teenagers-and the stairs seemed to be their favorite place to hang out (I never did understand that!)

I've noticed the people who say they haven't encountered this-when looking at their signature lines- have not cruised in the summer. The only time we encountered it was on the Grandeur of the Seas out of Baltimore in Aug 2005. A lot of teenagers-and the stairs seemed to be their favorite place to hang out (I never did understand that!)

Of course there are some of us who actually delete their previous cruises from their signatures once it says 'Sailed' and don't keep a running chronological public record there... lol.

I have cruised most of my cruises in the spring/summer... and still haven't see anything that even resembled this (except for debarkation, of course)...

Archived