To Suite or Not To Suite

PottyMouth

I'm planning to book on the Dawn to Bermuda in June. I had thought I would just book a balcony, but now I'm torn about coughing up the extra dough for the suite.

I've posted on a similar thread to this but have a question with regards to the price differential. For my Baltic/Sun 12 day cruise in August the extra payable to go from a BA to an AE is around $200 per person per day. My question - Are you facing similar extra charges or is it more or less?

(I'm wondering if the European cruises have a different price structure.)

I've posted on a similar thread to this but have a question with regards to the price differential. For my Baltic/Sun 12 day cruise in August the extra payable to go from a BA to an AE is around $200 per person per day. My question - Are you facing similar extra charges or is it more or less?

(I'm wondering if the European cruises have a different price structure.)

We're booked in an AE on the Gem out of Venice this May, and the price difference was nowhere near $200 pp /day. But I have been following the prices, and ours went down $400 pp between the time we booked and just before final payment. Keep an eye on the price, you (or your TA, if you have one) can call for a price reduction right up to final payment. From what I gather, it's all about supply and demand and how well your cruise is selling.

....the extra payable to go from a BA to an AE is around $200 per person per day....

:o I made a mistake! Should be AD. From BA to AE is only $55 per day per person. (And I do realize that an AE is really a deluxe balcony with no suite perks.)

I think being spoiled is part of the issue for me. Last year we did a full family cruise (parents, sister and her kids, me and my son) on Disney and got upgraded to the suites. I'm having a hard time imagining downgrading, even on a different cruise line.

As far as the suite categories, between the AE and AC - any recommendations?

And happy face pancakes sound AWESOME.

Thanks!!!

If your going to Bermuda I would reccomend the AC suite since you will be docked for 3 days you will be able to enjoy the wonderful view and huge balcony those suites have. Also if you do decide to go with the AC try to get rooms 10000 or 10500 as those two rooms are the largest of the AC's

:o I made a mistake! Should be AD. From BA to AE is only $55 per day per person. (And I do realize that an AE is really a deluxe balcony with no suite perks.)

AF is the minisuite/deluxe balcony. I just booked an AE which is a penthouse. ( I had to go back on the NCL site and check just to make sure! You scared me!:o)

I just wanted to circle back and thank you all for your input. I booked my suite today!!!!! I am so excited!

Thanks again for giving me the excuse to do what I really wanted to!

Congrats! Have a great cruise! :D

Archived