RCL vs. Carnival for 4-6 yr olds???

AandBmom

I'm having such a hard time deciding and I know sometimes talking to other parents and hearing the little details that they like or didn't like about a trip really helps me.

Please offer comments between RCL (likely Monarch of the Seas) and Carnival (likely Destiny, Imagination or Sensation) for our family.

Here's a little bit about us:

2 kids, ages 4 and 6

looking to put kids in a kids program that they love and that we trust. The kids program would probably be our biggest priority. We want our kids to feel welcome and want to go back. We want to meet staff that seem energetic and to genuinely enjoy kids. Our kids like water activities, games, crafts, movies, etc.

Hubby and I like relaxing, reading a book, eating well.

We would love a ship that ends up having a nice number of kids for our children to play with, but not such that it seems like there are millions of children and no adults-only spaces.

We don't care too much which ports we visit, we've seen most of them. We just want to show the kids a different scene - walk around the ports a little, do some beaching, enjoy the activities on the boat, enjoy some sunshine, etc.

Your help is much appreciated...

DS4 has been in both Camp Carnival and Adventure Ocean. I would say they are pretty comparable in enjoyability for this age group. I prefer the RCCL ships, but I would choose something other than Monarch or Majesty. Why? I like the activities and amenities of the larger ships, as well as the itineraries.

I am with Boulders, I prefer Royal Caribbean. But Carnival Sensation underwent that new Evolutions of Fun transformation and it has that huge waterpark on it. So it would be perfect for a 4 & 6 year old.

Warning - my ACTIVE 4 year old daughter got kicked out of Camp Carnival for abusing a rubber shark :eek: {she took a rubber shark and hit a metal pole in camp carnival - the counselor told her not to, so in classic 4 year old attitude mode she did it again -- so they called me out of formal night dinner to tell me about it :cool: -- I arrived 3 minutes later, she was happily playing kitchen with another 4 year old -- I was not happy :rolleyes: that they couldn't handle a 4 year old with a rubber shark}

So beware, if your kids are active - warn them not to abuse the rubber sharks ;)

Archived