Smoke smell in staterooms?

JohnMI

You are well aware of the options Carnival has.. and I am sure been told there are lines that don't allow smoking... I see you are from Canada and have the no smoking rule everywhere.. so do we here.. you think it is great... I think it is not.. but so beit.. we abide by the rules set out.. Carnival allows smoking .. end of story;)

If you go back and read my original post I was talking about perfumes. I was saying that people who spray it to cover up the smell of smoke are also affecting people just like they are saying that smoke affects them. I was also saying that people can get away from smoking but people can not get away from the effect of perfumes and aftershave. The reason for the second post was I was attacked and told to wear a sign to let people know that I was allergic to perfumes so they do not have to be around me. I am so sorry the I offended you also.

cruised the dream in january in a spa balcony room a non smoking floor.

It was a wonderful cruise.

I am surprised that carnival does not have this option available on all ships -spa rooms non smoking. It would at least give us nonsmokers an option.

The only place that I noticed lots of smoke was the piano bar

cruised the dream in january in a spa balcony room a non smoking floor.

It was a wonderful cruise.

I am surprised that carnival does not have this option available on all ships -spa rooms non smoking. It would at least give us nonsmokers an option.

The only place that I noticed lots of smoke was the piano bar

That would be a good idea.

If you cruise on Carnival, YOU will smell smoke. Go elsewhere if smoke bothers you. :eek:

We were talking about in the staterooms in this thread -- and, in that context, you appear to be wrong.

I did not smell smoke at all in our room -- and, as many other people in this thread mentioned, they did not either (or did and had it corrected and then did not).

That was the concern -- and it turned out to be fine. So blanket statements that "you WILL smell smoke" are simply incorrect.

- John...

Um, what? Are you talking to me and calling me a troll for asking a question that I actually have concerns about?

Nice.

Or am I, hopefully, misunderstanding you?

- John...

Ignore that.

I've cruised 10 times with Carnival and never smelled smoke. I smoke in the cabin sometimes and it stunk. A little febreeze did the trick. If I was gone from the cabin an hour or more, no smell. I use a smokeless ashtray, somewhat effective. I prefer a balcony then I don't smoke inside at all.

Carnival doesn't have non-smoking cabins (other than spa cabins so OP should book THOSE) and that is a fact. I don't get 'worked up' by this ridiculous post and if you want to be duped by the OP that is your right. I don't smoke, but I realized the Carnival allows smoking in the cabins so everyone who books should know that and there have been a myriad of posts about the topic. Bring your Lysol.

Popcorn anyone?

There is no need for popcorn. This thread was actually long over. The above post you just reference was by someone that clearly wasn't even paying attention to the thread (since he suggested that I was "duped" by the original poster even though I WAS the original poster). But, we already pointed that out WEEKS ago.

The cruise has already occurred -- and I followed up afterwards to let people know that it was not at all an issue because there was no smoke smell at all.

The fact that people are bringing up old stuff again in this thread is a bit funny -- since they don't appear to be paying attention. heh.

In any case, it's over really -- since the issue was brought up, discussion thoroughly, and the results of the cruise posted.

- John...

Most of the answers were that it was not an issue.

There was nothing said by me at all about having the "cruise completely ruined by any type of smoke smell". Not at all. You've reached the point of just making crap up now. heh.

Actually, it was your comments that "ignited" anything. Most of the answers were "nothing to worry about" sort of responses. The thread would have been fine with just that. YOU are the one that made it into something more than that. No such crap existed before your crap. Just to be clear about who "ignited" what.

Well, the best way to make that happen is to continue to go on and on about how it shouldn't have existed in the first place and blame others for what you "ignited." heh. ;)

- John...

Let's all ignore the poster mentioned. Gets old fast. Nasty at 11:53am? What time is med time?

Let's all ignore the poster mentioned. Gets old fast. Nasty at 11:53am? What time is med time?

I'm confused. Are you talking about me? Where was I nasty? You suggested popcorn for watching an argument -- and I was trying to stop that by mentioning that it has already been long discussed (including a directly reply weeks ago to the post you quoted for the popcorn comment). It wasn't "nasty" at all. It was trying to stop this from turning into yet another smoking argument thread -- which you actually appear to be encouraging.

In any case, seems odd to say to ignore the poster that actually started the thread, had the concern, discussed it, and followed up after the trip just to try to help out others.

That isn't being nasty -- that's trying to help people. Unlike comments about getting popcorn to watch the arguing... That's just sad.

- John...

Sorry, just saw your second post now. I may have over-reacted a bit because I thought you were ripping into me for trying to help others.

In any case, it can be closed or not. I'm usually opposed to closing them -- because I think the discussion can help and, more importantly, the follow-up after the trip is often rare here. In any case, I did my bit with my follow-up, so I'll just be done in this one.

Again, sorry if I came off harsh -- I thought I was being attacked a bit is all. Maybe just my wrong take on how it was said.

- John...

I'm confused. Are you talking about me? Where was I nasty? You suggested popcorn for watching an argument -- and I was trying to stop that by mentioning that it has already been long discussed (including a directly reply weeks ago to the post you quoted for the popcorn comment). It wasn't "nasty" at all. It was trying to stop this from turning into yet another smoking argument thread -- which you actually appear to be encouraging.

In any case, seems odd to say to ignore the poster that actually started the thread, had the concern, discussed it, and followed up after the trip just to try to help out others.

That isn't being nasty -- that's trying to help people. Unlike comments about getting popcorn to watch the arguing... That's just sad.

- John...

NONONO! Not you! The poster who started the nastiness. The popcorn is for threads that get hijacked. I never thought they were about watching an agrument. I never said anything about you that was negative at all. I was fed up with the one who was nasty.

NONONO! Not you! The poster who started the nastiness. The popcorn is for threads that get hijacked. I never thought they were about watching an agrument. I never said anything about you that was negative at all. I was fed up with the one who was nasty.

Got ya. Thanks for the clarification. Again, I just took it wrong. Sorry about that. All is well! :)

- John...

We'll be cruising for the first time in less than 2 weeks now!

I just discovered something that I had overlooked before... Apparently, on CCL, smoking is allowed in the staterooms, correct? Do people find that staterooms have a smoking smell like smoking rooms in hotels do? Or is this not as much of an issue?

Unfortunately, my wife is fairly sensitive (i.e. migraines) to rooms that smell like smoke. For example, in general, if we had a smoking room in a hotel instead of a non-smoking, then we'd be in trouble.

So, now that I've just read that smoking is allowed in the rooms on CCL, I'm growing concerned that this will be an issue.

Please let me know what you think -- especially non-smokers that are sensitive to and/or notice such smells. Thanks!

- John...

I am so extremely sensitive to cigarette smoke/smell that it's almost embarassing and quite a nuisance to be honest....I tell you with 100% certainty that you will have no issue in your cabin. Of the 14 cruises I have taken, there was never even a hint of any tobacco odor in any of my staterooms.

We'll be cruising for the first time in less than 2 weeks now!

I just discovered something that I had overlooked before... Apparently, on CCL, smoking is allowed in the staterooms, correct? Do people find that staterooms have a smoking smell like smoking rooms in hotels do? Or is this not as much of an issue?

Unfortunately, my wife is fairly sensitive (i.e. migraines) to rooms that smell like smoke. For example, in general, if we had a smoking room in a hotel instead of a non-smoking, then we'd be in trouble.

So, now that I've just read that smoking is allowed in the rooms on CCL, I'm growing concerned that this will be an issue.

Please let me know what you think -- especially non-smokers that are sensitive to and/or notice such smells. Thanks!

- John...

edited to say, nevermind.....

I thought popping the corn was for watching an argument.

Archived