Photography Tour in Skagway

Miss Bigglesworth

My family and I will be on a northbound Alaska cruise leaving Vancouver July 4. We are all very excited for this trip as it is to celebrate my mom's birthday and will be our first family vacation in several years.

I am writing to see if anyone has any experience regarding the 'guides choice photography tour to haines' that is available through our cruise ship (HAL). As a person who has a DSLR but no idea how to use it (other than the automatic settings), i thought this may kill two birds with one stone -- a beautiful tour w/ some camera instruction. It seems to be flexible in the itinerary and for the price i am unsure what kind of features/wildlife i will be viewing. As it is limited to the number of people allowed i would like to book sooner rather than later.

Any help, recommendations, or experiences with this tour (or one similar) would be great. I am sure i will have more questions as we investigate more tours in other locations -- this board is very helpful and full of information!

Thanks!

We did this tour last year. We loved it! Haines is beautiful. I love to take pictures, but do not know a lot about photography. The guy doing the tour has sold pictures to major magazines and he is a Haines native of several years as well. He gave us lots of photography tips and he took us to WONDERFUL locations! We were interested in scenery, not so much in wildlife. We had all the time we needed and did not feel rushed. It was one of our all time favorite excursions (we've been to Alaska 4 times).

Archived