Freaking Out!!!

weddingmoon

OMG! I am freaking out right now. I am getting married during my cruise in April. It was hard deciding on which WC to choose being that I only have the web as reference. I started dealing with one company, when I friend referred me to the company she used for her special day in 2006. I went with her referral, because I felt I had a REAL reference.

I paid the deposit and was advised that I would receive email confirmation of our reserved date and time the following Monday. When Friday arrived and I still hadn't heard anything I called again. The WC was very apologetic for delay, stating that this were very hectic in the office during the week. While I tried to understand, I was still concerned with the lack of communication. During the call we discussed details for the date. Again she told me that she would email me a confirmation as well as a proposal on cost. Needless to say, I still haven't received anything. My wedding is a little over two months away and I am not sure if it will happen now.

Should I cut my loss and try to find another WC. This was last minute planning as it is. We decided this route due to expense and simplicity. I feel like I just threw away money. I am two tears from the nut house!!!

If it were me, I wouldn't just cut my losses...I'd simply call or email again. Yes, it is a pain when they don't do what they say, but don't let it go more than 24hrs without saying something. Some WC's will "slack" on brides they know they can get away with it with. Don't be one of those brides. If she says you will get a confirmation on Monday, call/email her Tuesday morning...not Wed, Thurs or Fri. If she goes more than 24hrs without returning your calls or email, ask for someone else...or then it may be a time to find someone else.

Also..you are only 2 months away, but most WC's won't spend much time one on one with a bride until about 2-3wks out. The bride getting married this week or the next takes priority over the bride that is getting married 2 months from now. This is also something to consider.

I have considered the fact that she may busy with the other brides. That is the main reason I allowed time for responses. However, I have nothing in writing stating that I have reserved my date. I sent another email stating my concerns. I have been trying to be as nice as possible in hopes of keeping this relationship cordial. I am generally very aggressive in situations like this, but the distance makes me nervous. I will only know if this are being planned correctly when I arrive the day of.

weddingmoon - im so sorry to hear about ur experience...would u mind saying who or where the wc is? im in the process of picking out a wc for our november st. thomas wedding cruise and would like to know who to avoid, ya know...thanks, in advance.

i hope it all works out for u...please do keep us posted!

I am using Weddings the Island Way. I wrote an email yesterday afternoon and got a response this morning. I got a call also with apologies. I feel a little better about the situation, but now I know that I need to stay on top of them. I hope this was just a busy time and not the signs to a very stressful relationship. I was referred by a friend that used them and she had nothing but praise. Will continue to post updates.

Archived