Does Paradise Beach or any other beach have kids sand toys?

AandBmom

Looking for a beach day while in Cozumel where my 4 and 6 year old can build sand castles, play in shallow water, throw a ball around, eat snacks, have a drink, mom and dad read a book on a lounge chair, etc.

We don't drink much alcohol so an all inclusive wouldn't really benefit us. Is Paradise Beach a good match for our young children that just want a fun day at the beach where we don't need to bring our own toys/supplies?

Do they supply towels?

Is there shallow water? Do they supply life jackets?

Looking for a beach day while in Cozumel where my 4 and 6 year old can build sand castles, play in shallow water, throw a ball around, eat snacks, have a drink, mom and dad read a book on a lounge chair, etc.

We don't drink much alcohol so an all inclusive wouldn't really benefit us. Is Paradise Beach a good match for our young children that just want a fun day at the beach where we don't need to bring our own toys/supplies?

Do they supply towels?

Just got back from Paradise Beach/Cozumel--

chairs are "packed" sidexside

sitting in chairs you will be requested to buy something food or beer

water area has huge big climbing "toys" (pay $12 to play)

the kids will probably want to go into the (somewhat rocky) water you will not get "reading" in!

My family loved it, we stayed a few hours then left to go for drive around the "loop" and along the east coast plenty of sandy beaches to relax and kids can build (you can relax quite a ways away from the water) ...much better for you I think...They don't recommend swimming on the east shore, but we stopped in one area, rented some boogie boards and our 12 yr. old went out for 1/2 hour and had fun! :D

Do they supply towels?

I forgot, you bring towels from ship to use on beaches, they supply life jackets for the kayaks that you get to use when you pay the $12 fee

We were at PB this past Thanksgiving with my 2 sons (6 & 4) and some good friends who have twins that are 6 (a boy, a girl). The kids had a blast.

As far as toys/play stuff, most of it is in the water (several inflatable things you climb on & slide off of). They also have a trampoline on land & an artificial tree that the kids can climb, along with kayaks & floats. No sand toys that I saw - there were a few scattered buckets that kids were taking turns playing with, but I think they'd been brought by another guest.

Water is nice, depth wise -starts shallow & gets gradually deeper. It is a bit rocky near shore (but the beach is nice sand). The slide thing closest to shore I'd guess is in about 4 feet of water (I could stand & have my head easily above water); the ones further out the water is a bit deeper (near them I could get on tiptoes & have head above water, just barely); on the deeper side it was a little over my head; I'm 5'10").

They do have life jackets (I know you can use them if you pay for the wristband $12; might let you use those anyway for safety but I'm not sure).

If you use their lawnchairs/umbrellas, they ask that you spend $10 pp on food & drinks. The food I've had there is quite good. If you have lunch & a beer apiece, you'd hit the $20.

Personally, I think it's a great place for kids & we've had great fun the couple of times we've been there. I also think it's a great value when compared to the "all-inclusive" places unless you are a very big eater/drinker.

when we were there a year and a half ago they would only let us use the life jackets when out in the kayaks. We asked for one our then 3 year old to use while swimming but were told they were only for the kayaks. So now we just bring hers with us.

Archived