Bringing Water / Soda on board

Laphroig

Can't speak from experience bringing water or soda to the MDR but we did bring in our wine that we carried on. We packed a corkscrew in our checked luggage and saved some money there by uncorking ourselves. All of our group did the same and on the last night our waiter's extra cash tips reflected the corkage fees that we didn't have to pay.

I've never seen anyone carry in their soda though.

Someone said on here they brought a can of soda to MDR & waiter poured it in a glass for them - no problem

• 3 weeks later...

This is our first Carnival cruise. On both Princess and DCL we were able to use a soft sided rolling cooler. It looks kinda like a suitcase -- sorta. We just put water and soda in it and checked it with the porters. Is that not an option with Carnival?

Thanks.

Someone said on here they brought a can of soda to MDR & waiter poured it in a glass for them - no problem

I always bring a 12-pack of cokes on board with me. My poor boyfriend, aka pack mule, is the only one that complains, bc he carries it through the line for me. :D I also always carry a coke with me to the dining room for breakfast or to the buffet room on the lido deck at lunch time, and they are always more than happy to give me a glass with ice. I usually don't do it at dinner, bc I have a glass of wine with dinner, and don't need the coke.

This is our first Carnival cruise. On both Princess and DCL we were able to use a soft sided rolling cooler. It looks kinda like a suitcase -- sorta. We just put water and soda in it and checked it with the porters. Is that not an option with Carnival?

Thanks.

Some on here are now saying that some porters are refusing these.....:rolleyes:

Thanks.

LARGE COOLERS RESTRICTION:

Carnival Cruise Lines does not allow guests to bring large coolers on board its vessels. However small, personal-sized coolers, no larger than 12”H x 12”W x 12”L for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage. Screening and movement of large coolers through embarkation is an impediment to the boarding and security screening process therefore, large coolers are not permitted as carry-on or checked luggage.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Baggage_Information__Embarkation_Debarkation.aspx

I have cruised with carnival 8 times and this year we are trying RCI for the first time. Imagine my suprise when I logged onto their boards and all they are talking about is the crackdown on sodas, water and alcohol. It seems that it doesnt matter if it is in the carry on bags or in the checked luggage. In fact, if they find something in your checked bags they are holding all of your luggage and you need to come down to deck 1 or the naughty room and collect your things, minus the beverages. This is so crazy to me. As I have smuggled my diet coke on carnival all 8 times with no issues at all. I am very careful to wrap them and secure them so if one should accidently get spilled It would be contained inside my suitcase. However I have never had one can break at all. So the question is I wonder if this crackdown will spread over to the other cruise lines. I am seriously dissapointed in RCI

Archived