full review CARNIVAL VALOR 2/7 - 2/14 with PICS

jsteinberg

Great review, thanks!

I have always wanted to visit the Bananarama resort on Roatan .. Do you have any other pictures of the beach/bar there? Is this a place that one could go to for the whole day and just hang out, or do you think it would get boring?

Do you have any pictures of Caye Caulker in Belize? I visited this Caye a couple years ago, and would love to go down memory lane again.

Thanks !

We are on the Valor 2/28 and can't wait. Is this a strange question .....

When you went snorkeling, where did you keep your money/credit cards etc?

Did you rent the vest or do you own that as well, because we have everything but the vest.

Is bananarama on 7 mile beach? We were thinking of just taking the bus there. $15 for a boat trip sounds great.

when we were out on a boat, we left our money in a backpack on the boat. We carried COPIES of passports and left the real ones in the safe on the boat. You can also get a ziploc bag and put cash and sail&sign cards in there, and most guys swim trunks have a mesh key holder sewn in the inside of them off of the waist.

When we were on the beach we left our backpack on the beach and i would look back every few minutes. we were never in the water right off the beach very long. in Chankanaab (mexico) we rented a locker with a key for $3 and put our stuff there

Bananarama is in Hondoras, its a resort on Tabyana Beach. Our driver for the day set up the $15/person snorkel trip, we didn't find it on the beach ourselves

Seven mile beach is in grand cayman, we took a taxi there ($5 each) and the city bus back (2.50 each)...if you can catch the city bus go that route (its really a mini van) and they come every 15 minutes or less. Check out the Grand Cayman forum for more info on that

Great review, thanks!

I have always wanted to visit the Bananarama resort on Roatan .. Do you have any other pictures of the beach/bar there? Is this a place that one could go to for the whole day and just hang out, or do you think it would get boring?

Do you have any pictures of Caye Caulker in Belize? I visited this Caye a couple years ago, and would love to go down memory lane again.

Thanks !

sure, they are on my girlfriends computer, i'll try to upload them tonight.

Bananarama is free access. I could definitely stay there ALL DAY. if you need a little more activity theres 2 other resorts (i forget the names) and offer day passes for $5 at one and $10 at the other. It allows full access to their amenities such as pools, lazy river, etc. worth looking into as another option, they are all on Tabyana beach

again, i'll try to find more beach bar pics and caye caulker and post tonight

-Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff - Thanks so much for your detailed review. We are going to be on the Valor in July. Can't wait.

I have a question for you: I almost didn't book the Valor because of some stuff I read about the overwhelming smoke smell on board. Did you find that to be a problem?

Thanks!

Jeff - Thanks so much for your detailed review. We are going to be on the Valor in July. Can't wait.

I have a question for you: I almost didn't book the Valor because of some stuff I read about the overwhelming smoke smell on board. Did you find that to be a problem?

Thanks!

never had an issue with smoke, and i cant stand smoke...it could vary from sailing to sailing i'd imagine

jsteinberg: Did you put the alcohol in your checked luggage? Was it in the open or did you hide it?

Great review BTW. Will be on her March 21.

all was in checked luggage

beer was in the open, liquor in rum runners wrapped in a towel. no problems with either.

Archived