Hotel in South Beach, FL

bruceboni

Last year we stayed at the New Clinton in South Beach. Great hotel in the art deco district. Not on the water, so the prices were very good. The hotel is kind of a "spa" experience. Go to Expedia and search for hotels in Miami Beach. Expedia has great photos of the hotels and the rooms.

Try priceline, the vast majority of the 3*'s are on the beach, and all the 4*'s and resort level hotels are all beachfront. As always check out biddingfortravel.com for recent winning bids, and don't even consider using priceline until you understand what a free-rebid zone is (see the hotel FAQ on the above site) I can only laugh mockingly at people who post "My one bid in southbeach was not accepted so I guess I'll have to wait another 72 hours..." Ha Ha Ha!!!

Looking at the Priceline list, the Marriott and Crowne Plaza are in a good location,and exteriors look nce,but I haven't been inside. Of course,if you could get Loews that would be even better.

Holiday Inn is in a good location and beach is lovely. Nice pool. Don't know much about the other 3*.

I just won a Wyndham room for $79 on priceline today (my first time...I'm so green!) It's quoted as a $213 room on Expedia and other sites, so I think I'll be happy. Reviews on Trip Advisor were very good but I did find there's a $11 resort fee charged in addition when I get there. Yuck! But I still think this hotel is worth it...beach front and back of hotel faces the city...so there's a great view either direction. I'm excited though now I have to explain to the husband why our flying in day ahead budget had to budge a bit! lmao

By the way, I started on priceline bidding for a 3* downtown $45, then $50, then $55, then opened up my area search to south beach and went as high as $79 and got it right away. I wished I'd held out a couple more days and rebid as low to see if I had gotten it lower.

I'm sure I'll love waking up to paradise the day of my cruise though!

Just back from cruising in January 2005, Stayed at the Royal Palm Crowne Hotel in South Beach (on Collins). It is on the beach, two pools and near some great restaurants.

Down the street alittle further north is the Holiday Inn (on Collins). Stayed there two years ago, once again on the beach nice pool, just a little farther walk to the better restaurants and shops.

Royal Palm Crowne Resort was 130.00 a night and the Holiday inn was around 100.00 per night

Seattlecruisers,

I'd like to hear more about the Barbizon -- how were the prices for the "in room convenience store"? Was there another store for snacks nearby? How was beach access? Was it possible to rent chairs? We've got a reservation at a nearby hotel (the Park Central) for about $40 more than they are listing -- for a much smaller room but get two free beach chairs with it. Just trying to decide which the better deal may be.

Robinzhere,

We didn't try the convenience items but they were your basic 7-11 items and the prices weren't inflated. We had a coffee maker, microwave, small fridge and stove top. There are several conv. stores nearby. One was located right by the hotel and another several block further into SB. We bought our wine there.

Our room was nice and had a comfortable fainting couch in it. Our friends room -- just above ours -- had a murphy bed and a huge couch and chairs. Very different from ours but way more usable for happy hours. If you decide to stay at the Barbizon, I'd recommend calling them directly to get specific room info so you can request the room you want. (I think there's a lot of latitude in room decor but heck, that's half the fun of SB!)

The beach is directly across the street through the park and there were chairs to rent on the beach $10/each for the whole day. You could leave and come back and get your chair back. Our room had a free beach chair the kind that sits low to the ground but we only had one.

Your hotel is the next block up and looks nicer than the Barb -- though we stayed for $80/night. I'm pretty picky but found the Barb clean so that says alot. Here's the website where I found and booked it: http://www.southbeach-usa.com/hotels/south-beach-hotels.htm

You will have a ball no matter what you decide. Nothing quite like a SB evening! Check out Mangoes if you've not been there before!

Archived